Wanted, who sells cacti pads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blessed3x

5 Year Member
In need of Cactus pads for my torts, who has them for sale?
Pls Pm me, thank you

Mgridgaway

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
Tortoisesupply and coastalsilkworms both sell them. I've used and recommend both.

conservation

10 Year Member!
I grow 4 species of Opuntia. I could ship you some rooted pads if you want for no cost if you want to grow a few plants yourself.

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I don't know the location where you live, but FYI there are over 100 different species of opuntia. Some do well in some climates, and some do not. You may have to try a few varieties to see which ones will thrive in your location. I got some really nice spineless ones from one source, but have found they are too fragile and don't do very well in my hot climate. I found some others from a neighbor, which are also spineless, and they do very well in the heat. Best bet is to try as many varieties as you can and then see which ones take off and will live through the year. If they are suited to your climate they shouldn't take much care to produce.

taytay3391

5 Year Member
Iowa, USA
So.. I've heard about feeding torts this but I guess I didn't read up on it. Should I be getting some for my Russian tort? As of yet she's been eating romaine, red leaf lettuce, kale, arugula, carrots, broccoli, and occasionally an apple slice. I put reptocal on her food every other day. I just want to make sure I'm feeding her correctly. I'm a new owner as of June.

Tyrtle

5 Year Member
Arvada, Colorado
Our Russians love the spineless cactus pads. We purchased ours from tortoisesupply.com. I tried the ones from the Latin grocery store nearby. They are very inexpensive, but having to remove the spines just wasn't worth it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.