Want a red foot tortoise or an Aldabra.

TiyahLove

5 Year Member
If anyone has some babies for sale or knows anyone with babies for sale please let me know. Must be very healthy babies

Or a leopard tortoise. Slipped my mind when posting this.

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Beaumont, CA.
The Tortoise Cove In California has fabulous Redfoot babies.
Many pictures posted on this forum in the last couple of days.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Whoaaa…completely different choice you have made. There are several of us in here who breed both , but most are not shipping now due to weather. If not much experience with torts along with space and finances are you ready for Aldabra? They are MASSIVE creatures and grow fast….a baby does not stay small for that long. The redroots’; however stay nice in size to work with, easier to contain, smaller mouth to feed. Both are wonderful torts nonetheless. If shopping for an Aldabra , I would contact one of our forum members’ “Aldabraman” …aka : Mr Greg. I myself have both Hypo-Redfoots and Brazilian CherryHeads, also there are other members who breed Redfoots in here as well. Try searching some back threads...
" Happy Tort Hunting"

JD~:shy:

Darn Kathy your good ........ GMTA ..... I swear I was typing to a non- response thread ... then pasted, looked and WHAMO ... ya beat me too it ! :D

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Aldabra. Think HORSE with a shell. [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]

Oh and to add...I wanted a Sulcata. I still do. But it's not in the cards right now. Later on when there is a possibility of living in BFE Oklahoma, then there will be several [FACE SAVOURING DELICIOUS FOOD][SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

TiyahLove

5 Year Member
N2TORTS said:
Whoaaa…completely different choice you have made. There are several of us in here who breed both , but most are not shipping now due to weather. If not much experience with torts along with space and finances are you ready for Aldabra? They are MASSIVE creatures and grow fast….a baby does not stay small for that long. The redroots’; however stay nice in size to work with, easier to contain, smaller mouth to feed. Both are wonderful torts nonetheless. If shopping for an Aldabra , I would contact one of our forum members’ “Aldabraman” …aka : Mr Greg. I myself have both Hypo-Redfoots and Brazilian CherryHeads, also there are other members who breed Redfoots in here as well. Try searching some back threads...
" Happy Tort Hunting"

JD~:shy:

Darn Kathy your good ........ GMTA ..... I swear I was typing to a non- response thread ... then pasted, looked and WHAMO ... ya beat me too it ! :D

I have a 10 acre plot of land so I have plenty of space and I have a mini barn from where the people before me had a couple horses so I could re model that into a tortoise barn. I don't worry about money too much, I'm more concerned with the well being of my animals. As for food anything it needs it will get and by anything I mean everything it needs.
Any animal that comes into my home has the specific requirements it needs met and has a lifelong home. I have a policy in my house even for my children that any animal they get is theirs until the day it dies and no animal that enters our home will ever be re homed no matter the situation (unless it's babies produced from my animals, they get new homes.)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If you have that much space, and sounds like you have the funds, then I would suggest whatever you get, get a group of them. At least three or more. Most don't stop at one anyway, and better chance of them getting along if raised together. I am talking about one species, not mixing species, unless you keep them separate. Also, it the mean time, while you wait to find them, work on the barn and fencing. If you get Aldabras, you will benefit from looking at Aldabramans thread and look at his fencing. Here is the link http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-20408.html
Also, depending on where you live, don't forget to think about heat for the barn for cold nights or winter.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Sounds like your all set ....and your new tortoise will have a wonderful home! :)

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
TiyahLove said:
If anyone has some babies for sale or knows anyone with babies for sale please let me know. Must be very healthy babies

Or a leopard tortoise. Slipped my mind when posting this.

Just decide what you want as far as size. If you want a tortoise you can handle and move about, go with a Leopard or a Redfoot (yellowfoot). If you do not mind an adult you would need a horse trailer for, get a Sulcata or an Aldabra. With 10 acres and a repurposed barn you could have a bale of just about any type if food is not a concern.