Very yellow head

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt41gb

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arlington TX.
I wonder where this guy came from? I picked this guy up last year close to my house. He has the most yellow head that I've ever seen. I'm not sure where he originated. I'm glad I have him and I'm hoping that he will be a nice addition for the girls. :) Here he is.

DSC00161.jpg

IMAG1498.jpg

His neck even has yellow stripes on it.
IMAG1300.jpg

-Matt

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I thought that when they had those two yellow circles on the top of their head that they were yellowfoots.

I need to do some studying. I have a hard time with these two species.

caiovp2

5 Year Member
I don't think its a Geochelone denticulada since the paws have red/orange scales. And it isn't a hybrid since the hybrid's shell is very diferent having a orange+yellowish tone. I would say it's one of the many types of the Geochelone carbonaria. Looks to me like the Yellow head Red-Foot tortoise, which is usually mistaken for the other especie.
Beautiful tortoise by the way. Take good care of it. :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi caiovp2:

Welcome to the forum!! May we know your name and where you are?

HLogic

5 Year Member
Florida, USA
Is your house close to Colombia? Is there a dark hexagon on the center of the plastron? Just guessing but I'd say western Venezuela or possibly Colombia.

matt41gb

5 Year Member
Arlington TX.
emysemys said:
I thought that when they had those two yellow circles on the top of their head that they were yellowfoots.

I need to do some studying. I have a hard time with these two species.

Yvonne, here is a thread that I created that shows the differences between G. carbonaria and denticula.

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-Differences-between-red-foot-and-yellow-foots#axzz1HL5wlKUy

I hope this helps!

Caiovp2: He's definitely not a cross, or hybrid of any kind. He's all red-foot, just not sure where he's from. I have a couple other red-foots that have all yellow on them as well. His head is very yellow, but he has red legs.

-Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.