Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I'm so sorry to hear about Daisy's passing.

Yvonne

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
dewbert I am sorry to hear of Daisy's passing my thoughts are with you.

dewbert

5 Year Member
maggie3fan said:
dewbert said:
I'm sad to report that we lost our greek, Daisy, over the weekend. However, the cam is now focused on two Redfoots, George and Lucille.
http://www.mogulus.com/georgeandlucille

I am sorry for your loss. Do you know why she died?
Well, of course, it's hard to tell for sure. We bought her at our local reptile show a few weeks ago. I had done tons of research and made sure she had a suitable diet and enclosure, but she died within about two weeks of bringing her home. I know she had a parasite, because she died in her water bowl and there was a HUGE worm swimming around. I think she was probably sick when we bought her and I'm going to talk with the breeder at the next show.

Thanks, everyone, for the condolences.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Not a lot going on on the cam right now. I notice you have a warm and cool side.. I dont have redfoots, but I keep reading how they like a constant warmth.. no basking area... cooler at night warmer during the day..

dewbert

5 Year Member
Laura said:
Not a lot going on on the cam right now. I notice you have a warm and cool side.. I dont have redfoots, but I keep reading how they like a constant warmth.. no basking area... cooler at night warmer during the day..
Yeah, I've got the warmer side set up with a UVA/B bulb (leftover from Daisy the Greek) and a ceramic heating element. It stays around 80-85 during the day on that side. The cooler side tends to run about 10 degrees cooler during the day. At night it gets down to about 65 or so.

Lucille tends to like to hang out under the heater. George likes to burrow into one of the corners. She's much more social than he is. She's our show off! She had lived with a family before and became very social. We're the first family George has known. I'm guessing it'll take a little while for him to become as outgoing--he may never, who knows. We love them both, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.