Update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alfiethetortoise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
England
Hello all,

Gosh, it seems like such a long time since i have been on here!

We have had such a busy summer with moving! I wouldn't mind but we only moved a little way up the road! New house is looking good now that everything has a proper home, but after much painting, decorating, furniture building, and waiting for things to arrive! Most importantly, Alfie is free to roam in the garden (though she didn't get out as much as i'd hoped thanks to the great British weather :p )

After moving, I took Ava on a little camping tour, day trips, and have generally just been catching up with people etc.

Ava is back at playgroup and now goes to ballet class on Tuesday's which she just loves.

My boyfriends step-dad (he is the one who brought him up) is in the middle of terminall ilness, so have been busy travelling up and down the country and thats been quite hard as he doesn't have a car so i end up driving, or he takes my car which leaves me stuck in the village.

I have been applying for jobs and we have started looking at buying a house (you would think i'd had enough moving twice in two years!!) but that won't be for a while and will probably end up another 40mins north of here as house prices are much much cheaper and its closer to his work etc.

I have also had many issues with Ava's dad and his family, mostly arising because i told him that he starts paying and seeing her more, or im taking him to court to get what is fair for Ava. The whole thing has been a headache which could have totally been avoided but things have been sorted out so hopefully things can move on.

And now it's almost October!!!

I am hoping for a less-stressfull quiet winter!

Hope everyone else is ok. Going to start trolling through the old posts now, might take me a while¬ :D

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Sounds like you had a boring summer, Brooke. :D I can't even begin to imagine moving twice in one year, it would take that long just to clear out all the junk at this place. :D Even with it being a hassle, I think your doing the best thing getting Ava's father to do his fair share. Good for you. Nice to have you coming back again!

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Welcome back!!
Wow, you have been busy! Someone needs a vacation (er, holiday? :))
Glad you and Ava seem to be doing well, despite everything! I hope things calm down for you soon!
We would love to see pictures of Alfie and Ava :D

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Hey Brook...welcome back! Good luck wading through all these threads. LOL

Jacqui ...If I ever move on to the next world, (I don't plan on going) my kids will be curseing me for all the junk they have to throw out.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Welcome back :)
I am glad you and Ava are doing good even with everything that is going on.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Brooke:

Thanks so much for the update. I'm so glad you've come back to the forum. People just tend to fade away and we never know what happened to them, so I'm very glad you're back.

Status
Not open for further replies.