Update on Tucker :)

Tort4u2love

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Indiana
I got my baby, Tucker, 10/10/13 ...He/she was hatched on 9/17/13 in Texas by Greg here in TF. Just wanted to show everyone and update Tucker's growth :) He came to me at 25 grams and 1 3/4" and now is 45 grams and 2 1/4". His color has darkened as well .

Tucker is being raised according to Toms care sheets in a hot & humid closed chamber enclosure. :D

Attachments

• 1384053675234.jpg
    1384053675234.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 144

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
Tucker is beautiful. I love his roly poly body and how it has strecched out and lengthened and his shell really has dark growth rings. Will be interesting to see if in another month or two it goes lighter again or stays dark. Either way, it's going to be beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Love. : )

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Wow! That color change is amazing- looks like 2 different torts!!!

Tort4u2love

5 Year Member
Indiana
Thanks everyone for ur comments! I can't wait to see how he changes in the future :) just trying hard to have a smooth shell and a happy healthy Tucker the Tort!

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
He looks great! From some previous babies reports, he should start marbling in the dark areas real soon and develop more of the leopard pattern as he grows bigger. Keep up the great work!! :)

Tort4u2love

5 Year Member
Indiana
Thanks Greg! Can't wait to see my new little one! :) a close up of Tucker :D

Attachments

• 1384286022416.jpg
    1384286022416.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 57

BodaTort1

5 Year Member
Houston, Texas
So awesome looking. I also have 2 of Greg's Leopards hatched in May of this year. I love seeing how their siblings are doing. Greg has produced great Leopards with very different coloring and patterns. I can't wait to pick up my 2 new ones this weekend from him!

Tort4u2love

5 Year Member
Indiana
That's exciting getting two new babies! I am getting another one from him as well.:D:D

How old r the ones u r getting? what are u torts names? Post pics! Love to see a sibling of Tuckers older...

BodaTort1

5 Year Member
Houston, Texas
Yu-Me is the bigger one with all the marbling and born a month earlier than Batman. Their 2 different sizes shows how their growth can vary even when raised the same. They both are very social but Batman is the adventurous one and always trying to figure out what new things he can climb and jump off of. ImageUploadedByTortForum1384296636.500536.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

BodaTort1

5 Year Member
Houston, Texas
Batman and Yu Me were born May and June. Not sure how old are the 2 new ones I am getting. I am picking them out based on personality... My daughter has already named one Indie she also named Yu Me. She is really into anime obviously :-\ I wish we had a list of where all the siblings went-- would be very interesting to track how everyone is progressing and their changes in color and pattern :)

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
BodaTort1 said:
Batman and Yu Me were born May and June. Not sure how old are the 2 new ones I am getting. I am picking them out based on personality... My daughter has already named one Indie she also named Yu Me. She is really into anime obviously :-\ I wish we had a list of where all the siblings went-- would be very interesting to track how everyone is progressing and their changes in color and pattern :)

This clutch is 6 to 7 weeks old now. It would be interesting to see how they are all doing. Looking forward to seeing you again soon!! :D