Update on Tippy and New Outdoor Enclosure Pictures

Jhwells46

Hello all! It's been a while since I've been online, but I wanted to give an update on Tippy and post some pictures of the progress on her new outdoor habitat. She has doubled her weight in six months, growing from just under 100 grams to over 200 grams! Her shell has grown so beautifully, with smooth new growth and much more white color coming in. She is a high white leopard, although I was skeptical about it at first, so seeing the new shell color coming in the way it is is quite exciting :) Here's her six months agoImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1428112375.274318.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1428112432.465555.jpg
And here is her a week agoImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1428112487.959754.jpg
Here are the pictures of her new 5'x5' outdoor enclosure. It's still a work in progress but I got a lot done on it today. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1428113704.725663.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1428113751.097946.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1428113768.654103.jpgPlanted in the enclosure so far is chickweed, dandelions, Carolina Geranium, marigolds, plantain, and wandering jew. Tomorrow I will add the chicken wire, yuccas for hiding and shade, along with endive and nasturtiums. Any thoughts on additions would be appreciated!

Jhwells46

Also, I should have added that the enclosure is located in a half sun/half shade and indict ally fenced off area of the yard. This way my dogs can still go outside freely without me having to worry about them trying to mess with her or the enclosure itself.

jeffjeff

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
cumbria england
looks good, i like the log hide. i'm planning some thing similar when i redo my out door pen. one thing tho, are those african marigolds in the bottom right corner? if they are i'm sure they are toxic.

Jhwells46

looks good, i like the log hide. i'm planning some thing similar when i redo my out door pen. one thing tho, are those african marigolds in the bottom right corner? if they are i'm sure they are toxic.
You're right they are African Marigolds, a few were labeled Pot Marigolds, but after planting I'm not sure if any of them even are or which ones they are now. I'll remove them. Good catch! Thanks!