Update on the female DT I adopted...

Keith D.

Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Hi all, our little girl is doing much better now. My great nieces (4, 6 & 12) and my great nephew (14) all finally decided on a name, it took a while but they finally agreed, her name is now and forever will be Shelly. I have been soaking her daily for between 30min to a hour at a time, massaging her with some EVCO (shell only) and feeding her heavy with good quality veges. I am including two pics, one when we first got her (pic with her on a towel) and one from today (pic with her on straw). I think she is improving nicely.

Attachments

• received_942870195775312.jpeg
    received_942870195775312.jpeg
    67.1 KB · Views: 15
  • received_949026998492965.jpeg
    received_949026998492965.jpeg
    102.9 KB · Views: 18

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't know anything about DT, but straw is very drying and I'm sure she could use some humidity which straw will not help her with. However, I will get someone here to confirm. @Yvonne G
Glad she has a name. With that many kids involved in deciding, it must have been quite the discussions.

Keith D.

Arizona
I don't know anything about DT, but straw is very drying and I'm sure she could use some humidity which straw will not help her with. However, I will get someone here to confirm. @Yvonne G
Glad she has a name. With that many kids involved in deciding, it must have been quite the discussions.
Hiya Wellington, she is only in that tank for about 30min a day while I clean up her big tank, I'm a clean freak lol. I only use the straw in temp holding tanks cause its cheap (in cheap I mean free) lol and they are usually only on it for no more then a hour while I get other stuff done that is needed for there main enclosures.