Unintentional hungry tort?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IowaGuy28

5 Year Member
I know Tilley is getting bigger, she is an 8inch african sulcata. Here is what I'm curious about....has my lil girl learned my 'home schedule'? I like to see her food dish full when I'm home, when its not I fill it up depending on if I just had the liberty of watching her eat or not. Its now 1:50am and I decided to put fresh greens in along with some mazuri....she may as well have played chicken with my hand getting out of the way for her to eat. I'd prefer not to get any in depth answers to this, unless someone finds a severe problem. Am I not feeding her enough? I'm gone for 8 hours Monday through Friday (work) and I fill her dish before I leave.

Joanne

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Lancashire, UK
I read that you should feed enough material to cover the shell....

I feed mine a bit more, but he is a young hermann :p

to put your mind at ease, plant some plants that Tilley can graze on while you are out...

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Are you saying that she plowed your hand down getting to the food? If so, then that is so normal----feeding schedules will vary depending on if your tort is indoors or if outdoors as their location for feeding....a tort will absolutely get use to your feeding schedule....within reason that is....lol.....

Usually a tort grazes in am and early pm----if they were to be in charge of their food schedule :D

Status
Not open for further replies.