Two Story - Advice

Tyanna

Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
Here's my table (pic 1) (with added improvement since this photo)

I plan on making it two stories. I want to add a little box like pic 2. Then, make a ramp from box like thing in pic two to a whole second floor on top of the table I have now. Does this make sense? Thoughts/ advice?

Closes picture to my idea was pic 3.

Attachments

• IMG_0057.JPG
    IMG_0057.JPG
    788.8 KB · Views: 120
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 116
  • cd75f53b04d0df2bba516d542f6f7230.jpg
    cd75f53b04d0df2bba516d542f6f7230.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 115

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Its a good start! I would add an edge to the ramp so he can not flip over or fall off the side.

Tyanna

Wisconsin
Its a good start! I would add an edge to the ramp so he can not flip over or fall off the side.

Yes, def! I was planning on it. I'm pretty excited. My husband keep saying he never uses the other side of his table now, what makes me think he will use the extra floors. He doesn't understand when I tell him that it's time for tortoises to "slow" down. :p

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Yes, def! I was planning on it. I'm pretty excited. My husband keep saying he never uses the other side of his table now, what makes me think he will use the extra floors. He doesn't understand when I tell him that it's time for tortoises to "slow" down. :p

:) yes but the point is it will be there when he does decide he wants to explore it :)

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
I love that idea! Will you heat both floors?
:D Well, I bet he'll notice when it's time for all the lazy russians to wake up again...it'll be good to have a second floor!

Tyanna

Wisconsin
I love that idea! Will you heat both floors?
:D Well, I bet he'll notice when it's time for all the lazy russians to wake up again...it'll be good to have a second floor!

Yes, I think one will be a regular 65 watt fluorescent (the floor where I won't grow stuff), and the other one will be my UVB/UVA/heat bulb for the other floor.

:) yes but the point is it will be there when he does decide he wants to explore it :)

If only my husband thought like us..

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Nice, I think your tort will love it when it's done! Hmm, hopefully your husband will feel the same :D

Tyanna

Wisconsin
Nice, I think your tort will love it when it's done! Hmm, hopefully your husband will feel the same :D

My husband likes to help me build it..he just thinks he won't use it when it's built LOL. My husband has a soft spot for Taz.

Taz gets what he wants...I don't. :p ;)

Tyanna

Wisconsin
Ok -- tonights the night I finally put together the second floor (half floor). Should I heat it? It will look like picture attached.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 33

Tyanna

Wisconsin
Thanks guys! :)

I'm actually quite surprised at how well it turned out. I am heating the second floor as I couldn't get temps to where I would like them without heat!

Last edited: