Turtle VitaShell by Tetrafauna

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocco5410

5 Year Member
I was just curious if anyone ever used VitaShell shell and skin conditioner and some feedback?

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Greenfield, In.
I use it on my Sulcata. I think its helpful, but not a must. I know it sure makes my tort look like a show piece! :) some will tell you that it helps reduce pyramiding, I don't know if its true or not, but I don't think it would hurt!

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
We just had an...interesting...debate on the subject: http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-62594.html

It isn't harmful and doesn't hurt the tortoise if used as directed, and whether or not it provides any benefit is debatable. I don't think it should be used as a substitute for some lack in husbandry, but I do use it for my own reasons and have for years.

rocco5410

5 Year Member
Thanks for info crew. Put it on yesterday and awesome results! Cowabunga!!

image-4183358159.png

Attachments

• image-3656432157.png
    image-3656432157.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 42

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
Neal said:
We just had an...interesting...debate on the subject: http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-62594.html

Yes, that was a fascinating debate. I read almost the whole thing, almost word for word, waiting for someone to step in an correct the assumptions about some of the ingredients of Vita-shell. The main complainant twice stated that Lanolin is a petroleum product when in fact it is an animal product from sheep. He also kept referring to the possibly harmful effects of petroleum products in general. When I looked up "emulsifying wax NF" I learned that it is a vegetable product. Hmm.

I use Vita Shell from time to time. Great stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.