Turtle Ramp suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SE Michigan
I am interested to hear what people use for their turtle ramps, especially for hatchling turtles?

I was just thinking about it and using a generic ramp for a hatchling that's the size of a Nickel/quarter might not work.

I assume it has to have some grip to it, and wood would eventually rot.

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
Seiryu said:
I am interested to hear what people use for their turtle ramps, especially for hatchling turtles?

I was just thinking about it and using a generic ramp for a hatchling that's the size of a Nickel/quarter might not work.

I assume it has to have some grip to it, and wood would eventually rot.
What is the ramp to be used for?

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
SE Michigan
It's for an indoor setup yes.

It's for turtles of course :p. It's a 48"x19"x20" 75gallon tank. It'll house two hatchling DBTs, but they won't arrive for months yet.

I'm going to do an above tank setup (much easier for the lighting and I can use almost the full 75gallon tank, just for water.

I just was curious as to what others have used for ramps for their turtles to get out of the water with.

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
I use small ramps that lead into the turtle houses in my outdoor enclosures. I just use wood and "grippy" tape - like the kind you use on stairs to keep from slipping. I have also used little felt squares with sticky on the back - the kind you put on the bottom of chairs to keep from scratching the floors to grip as they go up the ramp. These don't work as well though. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.