turtle all over me

Status
Not open for further replies.

dyager

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Sutter, Ca
Since I am ay new to the tortoises, is it normal for them to want to be hanging out with you all the time? When I go work in their pen, their is one 30 pound sulcata that has to be all over me. She walks up behind me and sits down, walks in front of me and sits down. When I am on my knees in there she comes up and lays on my tools and has to be right in front of me. You can rub her head and she eats out of your hand. Is this normal?

dyager

5 Year Member
Sutter, Ca
I will have to get some pictures of this and post them soon, maybe tonight. She is funny.

qixer01

10 Year Member!
my 60 lb sulcata does this when ever he hears the door open. lol

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
mine hang out waiting for me to open the mazuri can.. then they come running if they are out and about.

dyager

5 Year Member
Sutter, Ca
Laura said:
mine hang out waiting for me to open the mazuri can.. then they come running if they are out and about.

Hey we are almost neighbors! Here is a pic of the one that acts like gum on my shoe :) I goofed up, it is a boy.

Attachments

• 100_0810[1].JPG
    100_0810[1].JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 79

schmodygirl

5 Year Member
mesa, az
ours come to us and want to be touched and get a shell rub, or have their heads rubbed. The parents of my babies follow people around like dogs. They are supper social!

wheezysmomma

5 Year Member
British Columbia
I don't own a Sulcata but help out at a local reptile rescue and they have a 30lb female Sulcata named Puppy because she's like a puppy lol climbes into laps even lol. BUT she REALLY likes orange shoes (so does my redfoot) if you have orange shoes on she won't leave you alone lol.

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
I love social torts :) my mom and me went to see some Sulcata's once and they wouldn't leave her alone because she had pink shoes on :p

dyager

5 Year Member
Sutter, Ca
wheezysmomma said:
I don't own a Sulcata but help out at a local reptile rescue and they have a 30lb female Sulcata named Puppy because she's like a puppy lol climbes into laps even lol. BUT she REALLY likes orange shoes (so does my redfoot) if you have orange shoes on she won't leave you alone lol.

Ha ha ha I will have to get some colorful shoes!

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
My RF Tyrone wants to eat my toes, when I have red or pink toenail polish on! He will come over to me and sniff and head but my toes. I have learned to not wear flip flops around him!

dyager

5 Year Member
Sutter, Ca
mainey34 said:
Can't wait till my sulcata does some of this stuff...

How big are your tortoise/s? When I work in their pen, htis big guy lays on my tools and always has to be right in front of where I work. He is a trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.