Tummyache??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kasper2reds

5 Year Member
I caught my 2 year old redfoot vomiting yesterday. Looked like mostly greens. Never seen this before. I gave him a nice soak after to help rehydrate. Is this Somthjng to be overly alarmed about? Or maybe he ate too much... Any feedback would be appreciated
Thanks
-Kasper

Turtlechasers

10 Year Member!
Hi Kasper...
Hard to say... Tortoises are not built for vomiting... Giving him something to drink and soak in is fine... Check his temperature... Should be between 80-90... Check your humidity... Restrict feeding until tomorrow, Tomorrow feed with short stemmed grasses, weeds, and softer diet until eating well...

Kasper2reds

5 Year Member
His temps and humidity r good. I offered him some dandelion today and he did not have any. He still came out and basked tho so hopefully he's feelin better

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Vomiting tortoise....well, does your tortoise eat well every day? Is his appetite normally good? I would pay close and special attention to his eating habits for the next two days max and I would also offer a long warm soak each of those days and if you can get two soaks per day in of about 45 minutes in warm water....I would also keep an eye out for pooping to make sure he is passing poo ....if his appetite is less to none and you don't see poo I would take him to a reptile vet and have a picture taken to make sure he is not impacted....also make sure to keep his temps up and not drop below 80ish.....especially since he is under the weather...:D

Kasper2reds

5 Year Member
ascott said:
Vomiting tortoise....well, does your tortoise eat well every day? Is his appetite normally good? I would pay close and special attention to his eating habits for the next two days max and I would also offer a long warm soak each of those days and if you can get two soaks per day in of about 45 minutes in warm water....I would also keep an eye out for pooping to make sure he is passing poo ....if his appetite is less to none and you don't see poo I would take him to a reptile vet and have a picture taken to make sure he is not impacted....also make sure to keep his temps up and not drop below 80ish.....especially since he is under the weather...:D

He normally eats very well. His high spots r about 95 and his cool side is around 84 with lots of places to hide. What came out looked like an entire leaf from a pothos plant in his enclosure. The way it came out it looked almost whole. Like he didn't chew it down enough. Either way it was not Somthing u see everyday so it raised concern. He seemed to act normal today, minus the fact that he didn't eat. I don't feed him on Monday Wednesday or Friday so I will try again on Thursday. In the meantime he has some grass to nibble.

Status
Not open for further replies.