Tucson Show

parrotlady

5 Year Member
I don't have the exact info but you can google tucson reptile show and the web site will pop up. They may even have the list of vendors that will be there. I know for the past 4 years, ll reptile have been there. They usually have loads of supplies and animals. I always stock up on UVB buls etc.

jskahn

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wickenburg, AZ
google Tucson Reptile Show 2014, If that don't work, let me know
Joe

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
... Account is currently unavailable ....
when I google and then try to go to the site. I'm going to make an attempt to drive down, don't know what my work schedule calls for yet.

jskahn

5 Year Member
Wickenburg, AZ
I plan on driving down from Wickenburg early Sat morning, if anyone needs a ride. If they don't mind driving with a hairy old biker.
Joe

littleginsu

10 Year Member!
Sierra Vista, AZ
Just got done walking around the expo, was really hot inside and super crowded... two of my very least favorite things. Got to see a lot of snakes and lizards and some tortoises. Extremely disappointed with a vendor who had two open Rubbermaid containers sitting on one of the tables, several times I witnessed someone unknowingly bump, tip and jostle the container. I was terrified dozens of tortoise babies were going to be launched off the table and trampled.

Is this a common practice at trade shows/expos? I only ask, as this is the first one I have ever attended.

Hope everyone who made it out had a wonderful time!

parrotlady

5 Year Member
Yes, what you observed is the typical show set up. I found lots of CHE , and UVB bulbs. I did look in a couple of booths, there was as much as $10.00 difference between dealers for the same item. I have not found such a discrepancy in the past years. Apparently it pays to look around before you let go of your hard earned $.

littleginsu

10 Year Member!
Sierra Vista, AZ
Thank you so much for the info, parrotlady! I guess I am just a worry wort, lol, I was so concerned those beautiful babies would land up in the floor or someone would snatch one, the container was so light and so open, lol.

I only bought a shirt for my mom and hat for myself. I thoroughly enjoyed the AZ Herpetology Society's display, it was so interesting and informative!

After we got back to SV, I got to go pick up my two new red foots and both my mom and I got an amazing tour of the facility!! So, all-in-all, I completely geeked out on tortoises today.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
If you enjoyed that one wait to you see the one in Mesa , AZ . It's really packed . I normally go Sat and Sun .

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
The third weekend in Nov. but you can look it up on the computer " Mesa reptile show 2014 " and you will see why I take a weeks vacation for that show . 2 years ago I when to the las vagas show its a reall SMALL
One and I've never went back !

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum