Treat day 2

Claud_the_tortoise

Location (City and/or State)
Dunstable
I gave him one black Berry, peas (which he loves), cucumber and a pinch of chamomile. I hope I've done better at making him some treats

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Should not be feeding fruit to hard on their gut with the high sugars. Peas are not that great either. But a couple once a month would be bad. Cucumber is good for hydration not much else.
Work on a better regular diet and use some of his favorite from there as a treat.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
He needs to be eating weeds, flowers and opuntia cactus. Pumpkin vine leaves and flowers are great, Hibiscus leaves and flowers, dandelion and clover. Okra, chocho vine leaves, purslane, watercress.

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
Definitely better than last time! Since he's already had fruit twice this month and he'd been getting it for quite a while beforehand I'd give it a rest for a bit to make sure his gut flora is all in order.

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
He needs to be eating weeds, flowers and opuntia cactus. Pumpkin vine leaves and flowers are great, Hibiscus leaves and flowers, dandelion and clover. Okra, chocho vine leaves, purslane, watercress.
OP is in the UK and is unlikely to have access to cactus and chayote vines. Nor hibiscus although probably some good relatives are available, like hollyhock and mallow.

They have plenty of great options, including some you listed! Just not all of the ones we are more likely to find in North America.

Claud_the_tortoise

Dunstable
Ok thanks for letting me know. He is my first tortoise so I'm still learning the basics