Traveling with tortoise

Ceyda

Location (City and/or State)
Turkey
Hi I have to travel and none of my friends are available to take care of my tortoise. I have to take her with me unfortunately... How should I do it? I want her to be as comfortable as possible

zovick

10 Year Member!
How long will you be away? It might be easier on the tortoise (and you) to leave her at home in her normal enclosure if you will be away for only a couple of days.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Hi I have to travel and none of my friends are available to take care of my tortoise. I have to take her with me unfortunately... How should I do it? I want her to be as comfortable as possible
How long will you be gone? If it's just a week or so you can leave a large saucer of water and some pelleted food out and your tortoise will be fine.

Ceyda

Turkey
How long will you be gone? If it's just a week or so you can leave a large saucer of water and some pelleted food out and your tortoise will be fine.
I’ll be away for a week. I thought about about making her stay but it is so hot and all the food I put out might not be fresh for the next day and won’t be good after too. I don’t know what to do

Ceyda

Turkey
How long will you be away? It might be easier on the tortoise (and you) to leave her at home in her normal enclosure if you will be away for only a couple of days.
I’ll be away for a week. I thought about about making her stay but it is so hot and all the food I put out might not be fresh for the next day and won’t be good after too. I don’t know what to do

zovick

10 Year Member!
Can you post pictures of where the tortoise would stay if you leave it home? Is it a securely fenced yard with shade and grass?

Also how are you traveling, by car, train, plane, etc.? Most public transportation companies here are not liable to let passengers carry tortoises onto the train or plane.

Ceyda

Turkey
Can you post pictures of where the tortoise would stay if you leave it home? Is it a securely fenced yard with shade and grass?

Also how are you traveling, by car, train, plane, etc.? Most public transportation companies here are not liable to let passengers carry tortoises onto the train or plane.
I found someone to take care of her. Thank you anyways