Transporting ill tort

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rramagge

5 Year Member
Hi I have a very ill tort that I'm looking after and it has an appointment at the vets tomorrow. He will have to be driven to get there how should I take him?
I don't want him to get worse due to stress
Please help, any advice appreciated :)

Jd3

5 Year Member
Rubbermaid tub, wrapped up in blanket if needed to keep temp stable

jax7271

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Ontario, Canada
No, I mean line the tub/box with it and loosely wrap him; not totally wrap, just to make him feel secure

WillTort2

5 Year Member
I've used both tub and box and did not notice any difference for the tort. I think newspaper is best for the liner and a small towel to lay over your tort for warmth and to act as a hide.

Make sure you don't have AC vents pointed at the torts and avoid direct sunlight thru the car window. I'd rather you sweat a little than to chill the tort.

Chances are you will have a fresh poo sample for the vet when you arrive.

When I'm driving my Russians, I talk to them, hoping to ease their journey or maybe just to ease my worries. :)

Good luck.

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
As far as containers go, I definitely recommend a plastic tub. I brought my torts home in a cardboard box. I was trying to make sure they were safe, so had the box on my lap. Got christened twice! :D

May[CHERRY BLOSSOM], Darwin[TURTLE] & Wallace[TURTLE]
Winnipeg, Canada

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
If you have a small heat pack, warm it up (not painfully hot), and put is under your towel or newspaper on one side.

Status
Not open for further replies.