Tortoises together?

Location (City and/or State)
Lanzarote
Hey guys I don't plan on doing it any time soon but just wondering if it's possible to house 3 Russians together and if so would it have to be 3 females or 1 male and 2 females?
Thanks!

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
For breeding purposes and for a short time yes. Long term you could easily have one or two dead torts. Russians are so scrappy- my male will try to shell butt my hand when I am cleaning the enclosure. He also loves to hump his flower pot while he stares at me. Russians are nothing like redfoots where 3 females could, but not guaranteed to live together. Heck I have 8 chickens and it took 3 exchanges with the breeder for 2 roosters and really nasty hen. So for Russians I would plot several individual pens what could easily share a wall divider. If I was breeding them I would have 6 pens side by side that are connected to one big pen at the end (like how the piano keys mate up to the body of the piano) so that you could open a gate from certain runs so that russian could have access to the big pen.

Lanzarote
Thanks for the answers!I wasn't planning on doing it as my next pet topic will be amazon milk frogs but just wanted to know
Again thanks!