Tortoise tunnel?

JoeB

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Toledo Ohio
I may be delusional but a few years back was there a thread detailing the build of a tunnel? To prevent caving in the den was a large wooden box. I'm not sure of tunnel. He buried it and backfilled the hole. It had electrical and access to the den from a one man hatch on top. I'm trying to remember how he prevented rain from draining into the den. I'm not sure if I seen it here or another source.

JoeB

5 Year Member
Toledo Ohio
Thxs for the reply! It was similar to that one but bigger. I tried to keyword search it but no luck...thxs again.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
I remember the one you are talking about! It is on this site but I'm not sure where. I think it was about a year and a half ago....let me look around and see what I can fine.... seem like it was in an empty lot and there was something about outside temps being so high

is this the one you where thinking about?

www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-28662.html

JoeB

5 Year Member
Toledo Ohio
@Zamric that's it!!!!! Thank you so much! How did you find it? Maybe I'm not using this site to its full potential.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
to begin with.... I knew it was one of Toms post!

Then I just used "underground" and "tunnel" in the search bar.... then I had to look thru all the listing that this brought up that had Toms name on it.... it took a few minutes but I found it! ;)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
There is another tunnel thread some where showing the guy in Iowa (sorry blanking on his name) who has used some of those large cement tubes (used for culverts and the like) for his sulcatas' man made tunnels. The tunnel has one end that goes up into his large machine shed like tortoise house and the other is outside. He can get into the tunnel from the large connector area that has a manhole cover over it.