Tortoise toys?!

yillt

As much as I try and disagree with people who say 'tortoises are boring.' they do lead pretty boring lives. Are there any toys or objects I could add to Billy's cage to brighten things up a bit.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Do you do simple enrichment things with his food? Like leaving it uncut and wealth the hard stems, hide food around the enclosure (not just in a food dish), hang food up in the air, grow foods in pots to hang down in the enclosure, or added potted plants to graze in.

Does he have sticks/logs and rocks to climb over? Hard balls (I have a bowbowling ball for my large sulcatas) to push around? Maybe a bone or antler to push around, climb on or gnaw.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I have balls in my pen that sometimes get pushed around. In my case they are full sized, leather softballs. Make sure that they cant be bitten or chewed if they are made of plastic.
I also have broom heads screwed to the sides of my pens that the tortoises use to scratch up against.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
As some of you will know Tidgy has her Playstation and often beats me at chess when not reading classic Russian literature.
But she is usually content with fighting her food, sitting in her water bowl and trying to climb any new and safe objects I place in her enclosure.
She sometimes plays football with a golfball, but she's rubbish.