"Tortoise" Table

cassieopia

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Arkansas, Zone 3
I found a coffee table with glass inserts, first. It also had a "bottom" on it. We took the bottom off and covered it with corrugated plastic, then we put it back on. Next, we covered the 4 sides with plexiglass. I went around all 4 sides and used trim to put a "frame" over each piece of plex. My husband attached the UV tube light to one long side and in opposite corners, the basking bulb and CHE- to ensure a hot side and cool side. I just put the coco coir in the enclosure, set up the lights, and let 'em loose! They love it! And so do I! 1

Miscally

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
I found a coffee table with glass inserts, first. It also had a "bottom" on it. We took the bottom off and covered it with corrugated plastic, then we put it back on. Next, we covered the 4 sides with plexiglass. I went around all 4 sides and used trim to put a "frame" over each piece of plex. My husband attached the UV tube light to one long side and in opposite corners, the basking bulb and CHE- to ensure a hot side and cool side. I just put the coco coir in the enclosure, set up the lights, and let 'em loose! They love it! And so do I! 1
It looks great. I'm sorry but they still need separate enclosures.