Tortoise seed mix and hollyhocks sprouting

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORTYtheTORTY

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Cali
I started growing Tortoise seed mix and they started sprouting within 2 days and now look at them =)....I planted them tues night on 6th. This is in organic soil btw...organic soil for plants and veggies @homedepot.

008.jpg

hollyhocks; packet says sprout within 21-28 days and they have started sprouting already.

007.jpg

tortoise seed mix =)

006.jpg

TFO wouldn't let me upload attachments from my computer so I signed up for photobucket <--very easy to use btw =)

Can't wait to take pics of the lil guys....2 more days...ooooohhhhhhh the agony <--lol

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Fun stuff....I was just out front at my house and counted half a dozen hollyhock plants growing well...hopefully they will offer up alot of flowers this year...good luck to you :D

MORTYtheTORTY

5 Year Member
Cali
Thank you :)
I've never attempted to grow seeds or flowers before and I was just excited hahaha How tall are your Hollyhocks and how long did it take?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Very cool. I've only recently started gardening myself. I really like the results.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I wanted to make sure everyone is aware of the fact that we have 3 members with very similar usernames. The member who made this thread is:

MORTYtheTORTY - Kimmy, from Stockton, California

Then there's another active member:

Morty The Torty - Nikki, from Florida.

And just a couple days ago we gained another new member named:

Morty_the_Torty, who hasn't made any posts yet.

So, a note to the three of you, it might make is easier for all of us to know who we're talking to if you would add your actual names in your signatures.

Whew!

MORTYtheTORTY

5 Year Member
Cali
frankandramsley said:
Looks great! What kind of seeds are all of those?

sorry for the late reply :p been pretty busy lately...this is a tortoise seed mix that I ordered online from carolinapetsupply.com. It grew really fast and after 2 weeks I planted it in their enclosure and they ate it all the way down to almost the root lol so now I have to replant more because they're not letting them grow back any. They really love the little clovers and those were the first to go.

kingskettle

5 Year Member
Hi, your hollyhocks won't be much use until next year when they will be bigger and thinking about flowering. Look after them this year and next year you will reap the benefit of huge leaves and thick,fibre rich stems that the tortoises will LOVE
www.cactusinspain.com[/b]

MORTYtheTORTY

5 Year Member
Cali
my hatchlings are barely 2 months so they aren't interested in certain things yet so by the time they are old enough then the flowers will be of use. I haven't tried feeding them flower petals just yet either, I don't have flowers around my house and I don't trust buying any due to fertilizer so I will have to find an organic place but for now they love the tortoise seed mix and spring mix without spinach and green leaf lettuce and romaine once a week or every other week. Mazuri is 1-2x a week or once every other week and they have butternut squash once or twice a month and carrots everyother week or every 3 weeks and zuchinni. I'm trying to do a well balanced diet and also grow my own stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.