Tortoise lower beak missing and general check.

ushio

Location (City and/or State)
Wickford
So while visiting my parents they mentioned the lower beak of their 25 year old Tortoise was missing so I had a look but I'm not particular versed in Tortoise care.

Looking at some threads on here I couldn't see one that looked similar so I took some pictures of the head, back feet and a white mark on the side of it's face.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0111.JPG
    IMG_0111.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0114.JPG
    IMG_0114.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0113.JPG
    IMG_0113.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0116.JPG
    IMG_0116.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0102.JPG
    IMG_0102.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0104.JPG
    IMG_0104.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0105.JPG
    IMG_0105.JPG
  • IMG_0106.JPG
    IMG_0106.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0110.JPG
    IMG_0110.JPG

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The beak will repair itself, but the upper beak really needs to be trimmed back. That may be the reason for losing the chunk of lower beak. Don't know what to say about the feet. Does this tortoise live in the garden?

ushio

Wickford
The beak will repair itself, but the upper beak really needs to be trimmed back. That may be the reason for losing the chunk of lower beak. Don't know what to say about the feet. Does this tortoise live in the garden?
In the house it's home is on the floor with an open side so it can go in or out when ever it wants and it walks on stone tiles and carpet depending on which room it's walking through at the time.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
We have many horror stories here on the Forum about tortoises that were allowed to wander around the house on the floor. This is real bad news. The tortoise needs to be outside in good weather and when bad weather, inside in an enclosure that's safe, with heat, lights and safety. And that might be why the back feet look wonky.