Tortoise funny moments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracy Gould

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pontefract West Yorkshire U,K
I thought it would be cool to have a funny moments thread. I will start it off with Shelby s I bought a Tortoise garden ornament today and put it in the table Shelby ran at it but slowed down the closer She/he got then got up close and spent a min sniffing the neck and face then walked around the back of it and sniffed the tail area, I though it was just Dogs that sniffed bums lol i wish i had the camera on me when it happened lol :D

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
lol very cute story Tracy :) Once I put a tortoise figurine in Hermy's enclosure and he just turn around it and 2 seconds later, he tried to hit it with his shell lol. I removed the figurine right away :)

Tracy Gould

5 Year Member
Well i am going to keep a eye on Shelby as a second visit to it lead to Shelby Biting the back leg and shell above it for a few seconds i am hoping it was just a working it out bite and nothing else Shelby is still pretty young so i do not think its anything else but i have had my hand rammed a few times if i do not get out of the way when i am offering treats and Shelby is not interested so I am starting to suspect shelby maybe a young Male.

Isa said:
lol very cute story Tracy :) Once I put a tortoise figurine in Hermy's enclosure and he just turn around it and 2 seconds later, he tried to hit it with his shell lol. I removed the figurine right away :)

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Isa said:

My great-nephew came by to visit and he, too, loves tortoises...unfortunately, his mom's boyfriend won't allow them to have pets, so he has to be satisfied with a nearly life-sized European tortoise that he calls "Elmer" - well, he set "Elmer" down in Ptolemy's enclosure and Ptolemy challenged it...got pretty territorial, too, ramming it and pushing it around!

I think my daughter got most of it on video, so I'll try to get it up here in a few days. :p

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
I would love to see that Terry, it is so strange that they think figurines are real tortoises lol.

Badgemash

5 Year Member
I picked Gunny up this morning and he peed all over my hand, which Chris thought was hilarious (we'll just say I did not find it so funny). I wonder if they're recognizing the silhouette of the fake torts and attacking?

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Badgemash said:
I picked Gunny up this morning and he peed all over my hand, which Chris thought was hilarious (we'll just say I did not find it so funny). I wonder if they're recognizing the silhouette of the fake torts and attacking?

Possibly...and, in Ptolemy's defense, "Elmer" is VERY realistic looking, and I reasonably doubt it ever crossed Ptolemy's mind that there might be such a thing as a fake tortoise in the world. :p

Tracy Gould

5 Year Member
Badgemash said:

Everyone in our house would find that funny too apart from the person holding the Tort lol. As for the recognizing the Silhouette mine is cartoon like but it is stood on all fours so may be you are right. Its a lot bigger than Shelby but that did not stop her/him from giving it a bite lol. It as been totally ignored today though

Jermosh

5 Year Member
Phoenix, AZ
There is this one male that will rush and push around a specific gray trashcan, I usually have an odd chuckle when they mount a cinder block.

Paige Lewis

5 Year Member
Swansea, UK
I was once trying to get a more accurate measurement of Jimmy's scl so i thought it would be a good idea to put my hand in front of him as i thought he would stop dead but o i was wrong, the little tinker bit me!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The creature from the Black Lagoon:

boxturtle.jpg

Paige Lewis

5 Year Member
Swansea, UK
Yvonne, that picture just gave me such a good laugh, i didn't initially see the little head poking through the substrate, it is brilliant!

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
Tank likes to play with his ball, he pushes it around his pen and charges it. Lana loves her neck scratched and will stick her head out as far as she can and sometimes she will lay down and sprawl out her legs.

Tracy Gould

5 Year Member
Sign Tank up to a football team( I forgot u call it Soccer lol). I was scratching Shelbys head earlier and she/he started peddling the back leg like a dog does they seem to love been stroked don't they lol

sara

5 Year Member
Wyoming
Bert loved having his butt scratched, I would scratch his shell (butt end) and he would start going from side to side like he was dancing! It was halarious, then once while watering the yard, he made a B-line for the sprinkler. It was on full blast! I had to run over and turn it down, then he got on top of it and just sat there! he loved it!

Status
Not open for further replies.