Tortois or an easter egg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Yes absolutely :D there are studies that show uv rays can travel 4 feet into the shade....and good hiding!!

My poor uncle one time wound up with third degree sunburn while sitting for hours at lake mead while he was under the shade the entire time....

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Being a redhead I can get a sunburn under a tree in cloudy weather, so uvbs travel and bounce :)

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
ascott said:
Yes absolutely :D there are studies that show uv rays can travel 4 feet into the shade....and good hiding!!

My poor uncle one time wound up with third degree sunburn while sitting for hours at lake mead while he was under the shade the entire time....

I agree on both parts, and Lake Mead can be very brutal....

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
DITTO With all the above. And about that clover. How do you have so much. Did you plant it or is that just natural? My Tatum would be in heaven in the middle of all that:p

DanaLachney

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
Boy, that clover sure looks nice.

I have tons in my yard but she doesn't care for it OR the dandelions I keep poking at her lol

wellington said:
DITTO With all the above. And about that clover. How do you have so much. Did you plant it or is that just natural? My Tatum would be in heaven in the middle of all that:p

I didn't plant it it just grows naturally in my yard that particular patch was really pretty until one day almost over night some thistle looking thing sprouted up right in the middle :( I know they can eat thistles too I just can't ever identify the stuff so idk if it's safe. If I think about it tomorrow I'll post a pic for i.d. But yep the clover is natural :) if I'd known she liked to hide in it so much I'd have named her clover lol I thought bout digging some up and replanting it in her enclosure but wasn't sure how that would work lol

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Im sure she still is getting her uv rays from the sun :)
Many do this in the wild...

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
Give her some time and she might warm up to the clover and dandelions. As soon as I get my two outdoors, they start gunning for both and common mallow. I think the c. mallow is their favorite though.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Was she eating anything outside? I know yesterday we took the three little sulcata out. One never touched anything, one was good and ate grass (but refused dandelion), and then the last little stinker had her heart set on eating a "bad" weed of which is the main plant growing outside right now. Actually the three best growing plants are on my "kill list". :(

DanaLachney

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
Was she eating anything outside? I know yesterday we took the three little sulcata out. One never touched anything, one was good and ate grass (but refused dandelion), and then the last little stinker had her heart set on eating a "bad" weed of which is the main plant growing outside right now. Actually the three best growing plants are on my "kill list". :(

No she just burrowed inside the clovers and sat there

Status
Not open for further replies.