Tongue color

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Saratoga County, New York
I have noticed The color of one of my hatchlings tongues is not pink. It almost looks grey/black. This hatchling is one month old. Is this normal? I read on another website that feeding a lot of dandelions can cause this. I've had him for almost a week and he has probably had about 6-7 dandelions in that time. He is eating other things as well and is acting/eating normally. Has anyone heard of this, I'm worried.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Dandelions and other foods can cause tongue staining. As long as he's behaving normally, just keep an eye on him :)

Laurie

5 Year Member
Saratoga County, New York
JoesMum said:
Dandelions and other foods can cause tongue staining. As long as he's behaving normally, just keep an eye on him :)

Thanks! I will keep my eye on him. It's probably the dandelions, I wasn't aware they could do that until I noticed his tongue color and started googling :rolleyes: I hope that's all it is.

Katherine

5 Year Member
I agree probably(hopefully) the food, I can't even tell you the number of times I have thought someone was bleeding after they had enjoyed a red hibiscus or some wild strawberries. I notice black around the mouths of my hatchlings with lots of red clover or dandelion. If everything else is normal I would watch him closely but not panic.

Status
Not open for further replies.