To be a newbie on Tuesday!

Feyotter

Location (City and/or State)
York, Pa
Definitely better. You can even partially cover it to hold humidity as humidity always rises after misting but with open air flow will decrease quickly.
Cool. No pun intended. lol. I will cover the half over the hide with ceramic tiles on the screen cover. Hopefully that will take the humidity up a little and maybe even keep it there. The funny thing is that I haven't misted since yesterday and it's still at 80 percent. I knew my living room was uncomfortably humid (for me), but I didn't realize it was that high. Lol.

daniellenc

Maryland
That's a beautiful thing. Like my house these days but winter for me is coming! And congrats tomorrow is the big day!!!!!

Feyotter

York, Pa
That's a beautiful thing. Like my house these days but winter for me is coming! And congrats tomorrow is the big day!!!!!
I know! I can't wait! When I got the text alert that it was in the air for delivery I almost squealed! Not a pretty picture . Lol!!! Here in Pa winter probably won't get cold until October which I don't mind at all.

daniellenc

Maryland
I'm in Maryland so December is when we get dry and cold. My tort table will hopefully be done by then. Right now we are using his tub closed and his table will be too. So much easier with temps and humidity.

Feyotter

York, Pa
image.jpg image.jpg
View attachment 213640
Thank you. Here is my first picture of my new sulcata. Not real active at the moment, but he has walked around his enclosure and even had some greens. I'm going to be taking the water bowl out and rinsing it off, should I also take out the food plate and leave it out until tomorrow? Of course I'll put the water bowl back right away.

Feyotter

York, Pa
Welcome from MI!!
Thank you! I always get the M states mixed up. Is Mi Michigan? If so you get a lot more snow than we do(in Pa). Do you keep your sulcata out in the winter in a heated tortoise house or bring him in? I'm just curious.

daniellenc

Maryland
Soooo cute!! I replace greens twice a day and water once. The greens get a little wilted and funky with hot humid enclosures.

Feyotter

York, Pa
Soooo cute!! I replace greens twice a day and water once. The greens get a little wilted and funky with hot humid enclosures.
Isn't he though? It's hard to believe that this cute little guy is going to be the size and weight of a not so small boulder some day! Good idea, I will do that as well. Should I also replace the mash made from the tortoise food twice a day or just once each day? Oh, and last question (for now, lol): I'm planning on soaking him every day for 15-20 minutes. Should I start that today or give him a break until tomorrow since he's had a rough last day and a half?