TNT :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Montreal, QC, Canada
Wooohoooo I just received my order from Carolina Pet Supply, I ordered TNT :D. I am sure some of you is wondering WHY I am so happy :D? It is because I was not sure they would let it pass at the custom. I called them before ordering and they told me that it always depends of who is verifying the parcel. Some agent would want the product to be tested and when it is accepted, I would have to pay the fees of the testing :rolleyes: if I still want the vitamin. Since I am not going to the States soon well I ordered it anyway. I heard some very good comments here about this vitamin so I really wanted to give some to Hermy :D. I sent Carolina Pet supply an E-mail to ask them if Hermy could eat it even if he has Kidney's problem and how many times a week should I sprinkle Hermy's food with it. Joe answered that It has no negative effects on the kidneys and I should keep it sealed and store in a cold dry place (like the door of a refrigerator if I want it to last a year and he also told me to sprinkle Hermy's food 2-3 times a week :D. I am so glad it went through the custom :D.
I was not sure if I should post the thread in Food and diet, Hermanns section or here, but since I just wanted to say ''WOOHOO I got the TNT'' I thought it would be ok in the OT Sections. Feel free to change it :)

chadk

10 Year Member!
I've been using TNT for a while now. Good stuff!

sammi

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
Haha congratulations! I use it too, good stuff =] Might take a bit for your buddy to get used to, but it will come sooner or later =]

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
From the web site:

This blend of powders was developed for Russian Tortoises, but is excellent for all tortoises, turtles, bearded dragons, geckos, all herbivore and omnivore reptiles and gut loading crickets, superworms and mealworms. It has been tested over the last 10 or so years on hatchlings and adults. By using this (with cuttlebone)I have eliminated the need to use any other supplements including calcium powders. All ingredients were chosen for their health benefits, palatability and nutritional content. The result is a mix with balanced amino acids, high calcium and magnesium, low phosphorous and high soluble and insoluble fiber.

Each order is mixed the day it is shipped to insure freshness.

ingredients:

* barley grass powder
* Roselle powder (Hibiscus)
* powdered orchard grass hay
* dandelion leaf powder
* plantain leaf powder
* wheat grass powder
* chickweed powder
* raspberry leaf powder
* rose hip powder
* mulberry powder
* and more...
* OPTIONAL...Professional Grade Probiotics with microencapsulated (so more survive the digestive process and end up in the intestines where they are needed) beneficial bacteria

Jupiterannette

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
ooooooooo I want some! so i could put this on his greens each day instead of the calcium w/ D3 or with it....

ok i ordered it.. a bit pricey but hes worth it!.. now i need to find a small amount of mazuri to try... im scared though..

bettinge

5 Year Member
Upstate NY
Isa said:
Wooohoooo I just received my order from Carolina Pet Supply, I ordered TNT :D. I am sure some of you is wondering WHY I am so happy :D? It is because I was not sure they would let it pass at the custom. I called them before ordering and they told me that it always depends of who is verifying the parcel. Some agent would want the product to be tested and when it is accepted, I would have to pay the fees of the testing :rolleyes: if I still want the vitamin. Since I am not going to the States soon well I ordered it anyway. I heard some very good comments here about this vitamin so I really wanted to give some to Hermy :D. I sent Carolina Pet supply an E-mail to ask them if Hermy could eat it even if he has Kidney's problem and how many times a week should I sprinkle Hermy's food with it. Joe answered that It has no negative effects on the kidneys and I should keep it sealed and store in a cold dry place (like the door of a refrigerator if I want it to last a year and he also told me to sprinkle Hermy's food 2-3 times a week :D. I am so glad it went through the custom :D.
I was not sure if I should post the thread in Food and diet, Hermanns section or here, but since I just wanted to say ''WOOHOO I got the TNT'' I thought it would be ok in the OT Sections. Feel free to change it :)

Just curious, Did you get it with or without probiotics? I have read other threads, and I guess most feel to only get it if the tort is sick. Now that I'm aware of that word, I see it advertised in dog foods and yogurt. So now I wonder if it really may be good for all tortoises.

Anyone else have an opinion?

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Oo he said to store it in the fridge for it to last longer?! I didn't know that, I'll have to move Nelson's bag to the fridge.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Oh my gosh a whole food vitamin for tortoises who would have ever thought it? This sounds wonderful have a lot of tortoise owners on her used it? Glad to see you got some for Hermy Issa we know what good care you take of him. :)

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Oregon
Do they ever have coupons there or free shipping if you spend a certain amount because the shipping starts at almost $12 for one little item.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
DoctorCosmonaut said:
Do they ever have coupons there or free shipping if you spend a certain amount because the shipping starts at almost $12 for one little item.

Sometimes they do have free shipping. I know around November they did, because I stocked up on hay, bugs, and frog moss then. ;) You could always ask Joe when the next one might be.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Joe Heinen is the owner of Carolina Pet Supply.

BethyB1022

5 Year Member
Jupiterannette said:
that he will only want to eat the mazuri and nothing else... :( he does sooooo good eating hay and weeds and greens.. do i really wanna mess with that.... i want a good back up... he does like the zoo med desert tort pellets but not enought ot desert his hay and greens!

http://www.carolinapetsupply.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=58

link to TNT

I bought a smaller amount of mazuri because I had read that most torts really like it. My sully doesn't appear to care for it at all, but then again he doesn't like pumpkin either, so maybe he's just weird. :) I wouldn't worry too much that your tort would forgo all other food in favor of mazuri, but if you are nervous you could try only offering it once a week.

What he does love that is from carolina pet supply is the chopped hay salad style mix. I sprinkle it on his greens a few times a week and he always eats it right up. I got a sample of TNT (it accidentally shipped with my order and they said I didn't have to return it) and he appears to like it, but it is a little more spendy than repti-cal or cuttlebone. (But then again it includes much more than calcium)

I have been very satisfied with CPS's seed mixes too. I have used the broadleaf and the grazing tort mix to much satisfaction.

chadk

10 Year Member!
A few notes on TNT....

You still need to supply calcium. Cuttlebone and\or powder.

Go with pro-biotics UNLESS there is a specific reason why you would not want to (on certain meds or something)

I feed the stuff sprinkeled on dampened greens (won't stick to dry). I feed my Russians, Sullies, boxies, bearded dragons, and water dragons with TNT sprinkled on. I also feed it to my feeders. Dubia roaches LOVE this stuff. For my leopard geckos, I have a few dubias hiding in their tanki usually. I sprinkle this on the tile floor in the tank and in seconds the dubia come out of hiding to nibble it up. Then of course the Leo's spot them and snatch them up :)

bettinge

5 Year Member
Upstate NY
chadk said:
A few notes on TNT....

You still need to supply calcium. Cuttlebone and\or powder.

Go with pro-biotics UNLESS there is a specific reason why you would not want to (on certain meds or something)

I feed the stuff sprinkeled on dampened greens (won't stick to dry). I feed my Russians, Sullies, boxies, bearded dragons, and water dragons with TNT sprinkled on. I also feed it to my feeders. Dubia roaches LOVE this stuff. For my leopard geckos, I have a few dubias hiding in their tanki usually. I sprinkle this on the tile floor in the tank and in seconds the dubia come out of hiding to nibble it up. Then of course the Leo's spot them and snatch them up :)

Wow, I never thought of feeding it to feeders, gotta try that soon. How about dusting feeders?

chadk

10 Year Member!
Yes! That is how I feed my lizards and sometimes my snakes (just a tiny bit dusted on a rat....).

I should add that I have a plastic tub that is a mix of TNT, reptile vits, calc powder. I use that for just about everything - sprinkling on green, feeders, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.