Tiny bubbles in her eyes.

keepingslim

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
valencia
I have been doing some close up photos of my tortoises and noticed that one 18 month old Sulcata had tiny bubbles coming from its eyes when eating. She had a bit of strawberry today for a treat and I took a close up picture. It wasn't until afterwards when I was looking on the computer that I noticed them. There is no sign that she is unhealthy, she eats well, has regular baths, defecates well and definitely no sign of Rns, or any other respiratoryWhatsApp Image 2020-04-10 at 16.47.23 (2).jpeg problem. This might be quite normal and due to the connection between the eyes and nose. Anyone else noticed these bubbles?

nicoleann2214

NY
I have been doing some close up photos of my tortoises and noticed that one 18 month old Sulcata had tiny bubbles coming from its eyes when eating. She had a bit of strawberry today for a treat and I took a close up picture. It wasn't until afterwards when I was looking on the computer that I noticed them. There is no sign that she is unhealthy, she eats well, has regular baths, defecates well and definitely no sign of Rns, or any other respiratoryView attachment 290447 problem. This might be quite normal and due to the connection between the eyes and nose. Anyone else noticed these bubbles?
It almost looks like skin.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
All my Sulcata have had bubbly eyes...they also have runny eyes at times which is why they are sometimes called the crying tortoise...don't worry abt the bubbles...

keepingslim

5 Year Member
valencia
Thanks Maggie, That's great to know and sorry for the delay in getting back to thank you. Kind regards.
Steve