This is long overdue, Pam's raffle pic

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
This is Pam's art that was raffled. I insisted that it be hung entering the kitchen at Kerry's home because I will notice more details over time. If you "open in new tab", you will see what I mean. There are a whole lotta parts and pieces to this.......respect, for all aspects of this.

Kinda need a matching one for the other side though.....Pam, you around? Would solve the "what to get Kerry for Christmas" too!

20231124_082753.jpg20231124_082819.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'd kinda like to see the whole picture at once. Can you step back and take another picture? Thank you for starting this thread. I've been wondering about it.

@pamj52 has been missing for a month. I'll send her an email.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Well I forgot the camera....Sorry but I'll be back there in a couple weeks. I'll let Kerry take a nice photo for you, she's much better than I am.

OK, so here's a "cool thing" that is in development. One of the mods here(go ahead, guess) forwarded the Artist's email....and we began a correspondence. She hadn't a clue what I was tossing out there. I knew it and played along a she volunteered several works that weren't quite what I was looking for, raising her comfort with me. We bantered and brainstormed at each end of the email chain as we learned a little about one another and till a subject was decided and size/material etc....all that "artist stuff" that I haven't a clue about. Thank God she remembered what type of paint/backing! She's a sweet person who's first thought upon hearing my proposition was to worry about how we could make this a safe transaction, for ME! LOL

I told her the deal;

"Here is a sum, as ART is created do it when you can and try to deliver by middle or so of March and if life makes it so it can't be done no worry, no guilt, no recrimination Deal?" Oh, and I'll send it "friends and family". Oh, and of course she has full artistic license to explore and have fun with it....

For people with morals, it's often difficult for them to wrap their head around the idea that a perfect stranger would have that level of faith.....but it does happen and it's a beautiful thing. The scumbags will always reveal themselves with a grab & go.....and that's cool too if it was my choice. I've got a terrific batting average though with meeting folks of substance. She is one.

One day in March, Kerry & I may open a box that I've long forgotten was coming.....what a wonderful surprise it will be for Kerry's birthday!

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Wow, I just looked at the date in the corner of the monitor.....1 month after posting the above, exactly!

Also happens to be Friday, the 13th...lol

Anyway, an update I thought that I would share.

There is a package on the way, long before it was due!

How cool is that?

What you guys don't know is the fearful snowstorm that had to be braved by a fearless Artist, weeks off back surgery for this to happen. Days upon days holed up, waiting to go & buried in snow! I think her excitement for us to see it drove her to go out in it to get to the Post Office! That isn't lost on me and I love hearing and seeing her excitement too!

She had "worries" that we would like it when it arrives and I hope I was able to calm them.

How could we not? Look at this wonderful storyline.....just the coolest......I keep telling you guys.....lol

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
The story is completed now.....but how to tell it without sounding like a self-serving azzhat is proving to be more than I can overcome.

Maybe the best way is to let Kerry and Pam tell it....

Excerpts from the last emails....

Hello Pam,
It's Kerry. I commandeered Jeff's computer so I could personally thank you for the amazing art you created. We absolutely love it! All I knew was that Jeff had sent you a picture to work with and had given you creative license. I had no idea what picture. That must have been difficult for you initially, but boy did you hit a homerun! We love how you worked in parts of our story. Finding Matilda at the park was a pretty neat day for us and you captured it beautifully. The 50's touch was brilliant.
We are in awe of all the detail you've woven into this piece. Thank you for dedicating so much of your time and creativity to make this gift such a fantastic surprise. We are going to have it framed and can't wait to hang it up.
On a side note, the other turtle piece that we have hanging in the house is also awesome. I teach elementary school and when I first saw it it reminded me of Eric Carle's books. I always loved how he used paper to create his illustrations. Your work is much more intricate and just so neat. I really do love the style and medium in which you create your art. Thank you for sharing your talent it with us.

Well, you two have just made me cry. 😘 I have been anxious about how different this piece is from the first one, and then to get an email that says, “it made Kerry’s eyes sparkle”—that is the greatest compliment I will ever receive about my art. I don’t even have words to express how much that means to me

So, this turned out to be one very cool story.

mama.jpeg

This is the original raffled Art;
DSC01846.JPG

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Wow! Both beautiful!
I knew right away, your new one told a story.
The raffled one has so much more in it than I remember.
The details in both, wow. Lots of talent and patience in both.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
When you consider that the detail is made from tiny pieces of painted papers it's absolutely amazing!!!