things that are rich in calcium

Status
Not open for further replies.

sray

5 Year Member
hello, i wanna ask that what you people give your turtles so that they can get calcium ?? n till what time they should be exposed to sumlight??

Hova Bator Still/Thermal Air Incubator 1602N and Little Giant Still Air Egg Incubator 9200. these are the 2 incubators, can anyone help in choosing the best one??

KimandKarasi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Houston, Texas
i'm not sure about the incubators, but for calcium i was told to set pieces of cuttle bone in the tank with them so they can nibble as they please, or to add the powder yourself to their fruits or veggies every other day or so.. you just have to make sure not to over do it, even though i'm not sure myself what that guideline truly is. :p

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Many members just supplement the calcium, they sell reptile calcium and cuddle-bone you just feed once or twice a week.
What Kind of turtle do you own and size?

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Usually just calcium powder. But depends on the species and their food requirements. Some are forest dwellers, grass grazers, and mountainous species. Which species do you have? I have no experience with those incubators I'm sorry I can't help in that respect. All mine are commercial incubators. But I here a lot that the little giant works great.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
The best overall source of calcium is just a healthy, balanced diet of good foods that generally have a good amount of calcium to begin with, and a ratio of more calcium than phosphorous in it. (The last bit is called the Ca: P ratio).

Sunlight or other sources of UVB lighting or vitamin D is required, in what are actually fairly small amounts, to process the calcium. An hour or so a week of sunlight that does not pass through glass or plastic should do the trick.

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
Some weeds and grocery greens with good calcium content are:
Wild grape species, dandelion, escarole, opuntia cactus pads, and strawberries.

I'd definitely get a calcium supplement to put on food 2-3 times per week, as the others have said.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
sray said:
hello, i wanna ask that what you people give your turtles so that they can get calcium ?? n till what time they should be exposed to sumlight??

Hova Bator Still/Thermal Air Incubator 1602N and Little Giant Still Air Egg Incubator 9200. these are the 2 incubators, can anyone help in choosing the best one??

I have 2 Hova Bators and they work great, Not complicated and my hatch rate is great

*Barracuda_50*

5 Year Member
Harrietta, MI
I use liquid calcium supplement in there water dish and also i put a drop or 2 on there moist food 2 times a week so i know there reciving it either way. I also have a Zoo Med tortoise calcium block in the enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.