They here!! But one of them looks unwell

shuda huda

Well, just like i wrote in my introduction thread. finnaly, my brother sent me 3 sulcata and one 1 istar.. they arrived at 22.00pm gmt+7..
23.12pm One of sulcata acts weird not like others (very active and eats alot) ~lets call it "Coco". I thought because delivery time takes 2 days..

Tonight Coco get sneezing
So i put Coco under infrared lamps 50W, distance about 15-20cm and temp around 81F or 27C.

Oh btw Coco length around 9cm..

Thanks to this thread..
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/my-tortoise-get-flu.33388/

I hope Coco will get soon

Attachments

• 1492709275019-1000547543.jpg
    1492709275019-1000547543.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 41

Kasia

Location (City and/or State)
Poland
Hi :) more details please:) I went trough your tread but I am not quite sure what has been happening, is this a fresh situation? How are they doing? How are you housing your torts? Do they live together in the enclosure? Do you know the source of your torts? If you got them sick you should contact the breeder and tell him about the status of your torts, how they arrived to you and ask how he is feeling about participating in their potential Vet bills.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Your star looks absolutely beautiful. That tortoise has been well taken care of. However, your sulcatas have been kept way too dry. Be sure you do everything to get them properly hydrated and smooth out future growth with proper heat and humidity.

I do not like those red lights for heat. Tortoises' have better color vision than humans and things look much different to them. Also the red lights are putting out a little visible red light, and almost all near-IR which can be very dessicating, and your sulcatas have already been way too dry.

Please be sure to read this thread for all the info on proper care. The sulcatas will start doing much better if you follow that. Your star will continue to do well also in the same type set-up.

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/how-to-raise-a-healthy-sulcata-or-leopard-version-2-0.79895/

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
The way they are all hovering in the corners by the lamp may suggest they are too cold. 80 is the minimum for sulcatas in cool side of enclosure. Need a carapace(shell) temp of 100 under the light.
Red lights are discouraged. Ceramic heat emitters are wonderful for heat with no light emission at night. We here on forum love clay planter pot saucers for water dish because of low profile and no tortoise tipping issues. Don't use button type thermometer hygrometers. I use these...Hope this helps

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-03-23-23-41-08.png
    Screenshot_2017-03-23-23-41-08.png
    229 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_2017-02-28-19-15-26.png
    Screenshot_2017-02-28-19-15-26.png
    184.2 KB · Views: 9

shuda huda

Hi :) more details please:) I went trough your tread but I am not quite sure what has been happening, is this a fresh situation? How are they doing? How are you housing your torts? Do they live together in the enclosure? Do you know the source of your torts? If you got them sick you should contact the breeder and tell him about the status of your torts, how they arrived to you and ask how he is feeling about participating in their potential Vet bills.
Hi Kasia,
yes it's fresh and this morning i put them at outdoor housing and separated. well so many source in my country and so many good article from @Tom

@Markw84 & @teresaf i've good news, i just bought ceramic lamp for night using only. and this morning, they're looks very active and eats very well. i'll update with picture asap

Kasia

Poland
Hi Kasia,
yes it's fresh and this morning i put them at outdoor housing and separated. well so many source in my country and so many good article from @Tom

@Markw84 & @teresaf i've good news, i just bought ceramic lamp for night using only. and this morning, they're looks very active and eats very well. i'll update with picture asap
Maybe they just need time to adjust - keep a close eye on them though and give them an environment described in care sheets. Younglings can get very bad very fast. Good luck with the whole bunch:)