The only "day" like this in my entire life is today.

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
I told Kerry when she got home;

"Hon, I may have invited some more folks to the open house"
WHO?
"Josh & Turtle owners brigade"

It's actually serious, I don't really make invites w/o thinking......if a dozen folks from here showed up that would be fine. I can't imagine it but some folks are pretty brave. Kerry & I've met dozens of my online friends over the years....some on the expat forums when we traveled, others from vintage motorcycle forums so it's not new territory for us.

This morning I stopped to see a friend just published in a Brit publication- Motorcycle Classic, Jan issue, Bill Bujai. He built a bike for his wife Debbie who has been ill. Total devotion....very neat!

I do hope the sleep levels out Z, I was a mess by the time I got here this morning. Since Tues, I've only eaten two Banquet pot pies and a handful of fruit and slept twice for 3 hrs each time.....my pulse was running mid-80's, very high for me and an indicator. I knew I was crashing by not eating but I haven't been hungry, another indictor. I got here to the Nook, tried to sleep for over 2 hours, couldn't fall asleep. I got up & ate my face off.....opened the fridge....pork, noodles, chips...then wrapped up with a couple of Ho ho's and glass of milk...and fell asleep for 4 hours!

Course it's midnight now and I'm up but I don't want keep Kerry up, she has to sleep. She deals with kids!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Chamomile tea is supposed to be a calmer. Never worked for me though.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Chamomile tea is supposed to be a calmer. Never worked for me though.
It always makes me feel sick and jittery. I like ginger and black pepper with lemon.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I don't do well with any of those "sleep cures" either Y. Kerry put a battery of them over my kitchen sink on the shelf. I won't take sleep meds....there's no future in that stuff....bad, bad, bad. Makes me feel like a darted Rhino....ok, African Dog wallowing as I go down......either way, I don't like drugs that debilitate my motor coordination, it's very uncomfortable for me and feels extra ordinally vulnerable. I avoid them.

A good day yesterday....ended up falling back asleep around 1 till her alarm woke her for work at 5:30.

She's in NY this w/e while I "do stuff". We looked at the weather but it's fine. I ate well today, she made me Sheppard's pie and chicken salad and got things done. I slept for 5 hrs this evening and may go back in a bit.

I have to keep reminding myself....."there is no more rush". It's like the stress leaves me when I can remember that. We both knew this was a major life event.....and superman doesn't mess around, I hit the TRIFECTA of life changes....job, marriage, home-NOW Kerry has faith in him & so do I.....he's got a pretty good track record.

It's funny that Kerry & I didn't get on this ride by accident though.....we engineered it & built it for the past few years!
What were we thinking? Whatever it was, we was WRONG! LMAO Things seem to happen faster than we had imagined I think.

This isn't that soft life change that drips like the morning dew behind that fresh cup of coffee on that TV commercial.....it's more like riding a freshly built, Unsanctioned Mountain coaster.......you know in your heart that if you can hang on, it's going to be one heck of a ride. LOL