The new addition

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Scooter

Last night my fiancee got me a hatchling sulcata! He is 2.75 inches long. He is in a 16"x24" enclosure with cypress mulch bedding and uv and heat lights. I have worked with sulcatas before but they were all adults or subadult, never one this small. He is so adorable :D

IMG_1621.JPG
phpLyQvXmAM.jpg
phpMoy2WIAM.jpg
php3KdK3LAM.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Scooter

In that picture he finally realized I had a camera in his face but he didn't seem to care as he went right back to eating lol.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Baby Sulcatas are so cute!! That piece of Mazuri is almost as big as he is! He really seems to have taken to it.

S

Scooter

I'm not sure if he has had the Mazuri before but he loves it and ate almost the whole piece!

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Well, well, well, a regular eating machine in perfect miniature form...congratulations! :D

I can tell by your signature list that you are "into" exotic pets, so I'm sure young Thor has many happy meals ahead of him. ;)

S

Scooter

Yes I am "into" exotic pets though tortoises are by far my favorites. I have worked with a variety of them but this is my first hatchling I am very excited to watch him grow over the years.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Congrats. You can now be part of our mass experiment to see if humidity will stop, or at least slow, pyramiding. That last pic was classic, BTW.

S

Scooter

Yes I am trying to keep the humidity up and I soak him everyday. Plus I am trying to feed him a well balanced varied diet. I am going to do everything I can to keep him from pyramiding any more than he already is.

I love that last pic too, he is not shy what so ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.