The happiest lizards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katherine

5 Year Member
An overwhelming amount of happy wild iguanas, most of which were friendly, one of which reminded me why touching wild animals is always a bad idea. Just thought I'd share incase there were any lizard lovers on this tortoise forum : )
26dae363.jpg

Lizard pile
b62b3fe0.jpg

Please disregard the fact that I am touching him despite the blood pooling on my other hand. Apparently I am a slow learner.
b29146e1.jpg

Some truly beautiful older iguanas on a preserve in Honduras. It's nice to see them in an environment where they are not an invasive species, allows you to appreciate them that much more. I find that the older iguanas have the same dinosaur-esque 'old man face' appeal that I love so much in tortoises! Something about an aged wrinkled reptile face just emanates archaic wisdom and makes me fall in love : )

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
They are beautiful. I would have had to pet them no matter how much blood they may have made me lose. Some day, if I get my reptile room, I will raise one of those big guys again. Thanks for the pic, loved it:D[/b]

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
They all look so contented and healthy. Great pics.

Katherine

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
That's an impressive size group!

There were SO many more than one photo could show. I was blow away by the sheer volume of iguanas in seemingly harmonious existence! Most of them were in trees and a challenge to detect in photographs.

Ahernandez1990

5 Year Member
Cypress, CA
Wow from what I have read about them you dont want to be around if its that time of the month because they smell it and become aggressive

Katherine

5 Year Member
Ahernandez1990 said:
Wow from what I have read about them you dont want to be around if its that time of the month because they smell it and become aggressive

Hahaha! First time I heard that, I believe the iguana that bit me was seeking out food and little else.

HonuFonu23

5 Year Member
Glendale, AZ
Ha. That's quite a site. I would be trying to hug them all while bleeding from the cuts they would inflict on me. Lol. Love lizards.

Status
Not open for further replies.