The bare bones of my first outdoor enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creedence

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento, CA
Just starting an outdoor for my little Russian. Bad news is he won't be in it permanently until spring ;/ Good news is I have until spring to perfect it (;

The house we moved into has an all concrete backyard, with the exception of a pool and deck area. The deck area is rotting away anyways, so I decided to tear up a few boards for my little guy :) Finally got them up today, and he got to explore his new digs.

This isn't even close to finished. I'm going to dig it deeper, add some organic soil and plant it. Plus hides and all that jazz. Totally stoked! Also, he (but probably she...not used it yet, haha) is only about four inches, probably less, for size comparison.

IMG_4448.jpg

IMG_2491.jpg

IMG_8793.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
You will change it so much and add so many things, that spring will be here before you know it and you will change it again. It's a never ending fun thing to do. Enjoy, can't wait to see it when you think it's finished:D S/he will love it.

stasisdc5

5 Year Member
SoCal
wellington said:
You will change it so much and add so many things, that spring will be here before you know it and you will change it again. It's a never ending fun thing to do. Enjoy, can't wait to see it when you think it's finished:D S/he will love it.

this guy is right. lol I've been through it myself. I don't even know if I'm even finished. I constantly have ideas of changing things around and buying or adding things.

Status
Not open for further replies.