Temperatures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elisabeth89

5 Year Member
Ok so we rarely use the heat in our house. I do have a heat lamp for my RES during the day. The tank gets around 72 in the day time. But at night because we don't use the heater that much the tank gets between 56-60. Is that ok? My turtle has done fine the week and a half almost two weeks I've had him, but I'm just afraid that's to cold. My room gets kind of cold at night. Should I get a heater for the nights? sorry so new to all of this. :)

ae92jin

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Malaysia
RE: Tempuratures?

Hi Welcome...!

I did that too when I starting to grow my tortoise, but after sometime I notice them got flu and unhealthy shell. Lucky for me I have send them to Vet quickly and starting to search more detail how to grow them.
In my opinion that will be to cold for them, as what I do for my sully and star is about 85F - 95F in the morning and at Night average 80F-85F.

Hope you can get more reply soon and everyone here is friendly and willing to help each other...!

Good luck to you.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
RE: Tempuratures?

Hi Elizabeth:

You can buy an aquarium heater to keep the water warm for your turtle. Just be sure to mount it in such a way that it is protected from the turtle. They have been known to break them.

Elisabeth89

5 Year Member
ae92jin said:
Hi Welcome...!

I did that too when I starting to grow my tortoise, but after sometime I notice them got flu and unhealthy shell. Lucky for me I have send them to Vet quickly and starting to search more detail how to grow them.
In my opinion that will be to cold for them, as what I do for my sully and star is about 85F - 95F in the morning and at Night average 80F-85F.

Hope you can get more reply soon and everyone here is friendly and willing to help each other...!

Good luck to you.

Ok. So do you mean that there water is that warm? Or tank?

Elisabeth89

5 Year Member
Well I got a heater for the water. I'm gonna hook it up tonight. He should be warmer in his water now.

Status
Not open for further replies.