Tell me what you think of this plan?

Megatron's Mom

Location (City and/or State)
North Little Rock, Arkansas
Ok so I was initially going to make two 4x8 heated night boxes for Optimus Prime and Bumblebee.

Looks like OP growing like a weed "may" be able to be outdoors all day this summer. WInter we will decide about that later.

I was going to make the two boxes on different sides of the yard. But we had plumbing issues which took two years to get fix and during that time found out the city will be tearing up that side of the yard. It would be in the easement that is pretty much in the neighbours yard. But chances are the retaining wall and fence may be destroyed.

So as I researched more on Tom's night boxes I saw a post where he mentions how it would be more efficient to heat one double night box vs two 4x8 boxes. So I was thinking maybe just do that and split their yards too. Would it be bad to have the two sharing the box, OP is a sulcata and Bumble is a leopard tortoise? Bummble won't be ready for outside full time just yet. I just like being prepared. Then I was thinking to make their outdoor space a little bigger come winter was plop down a 4x8 green house right up to their night boxes to add some more warm space if they don't want to venture far.

I'm hoping to get started this weekend, since it has been so nice and we may even hit the 80s next week. I can get the tortes out in their temp spaces I set up last year.

Fire_bug80

Arkansas
Ok so I was initially going to make two 4x8 heated night boxes for Optimus Prime and Bumblebee.

Looks like OP growing like a weed "may" be able to be outdoors all day this summer. WInter we will decide about that later.

I was going to make the two boxes on different sides of the yard. But we had plumbing issues which took two years to get fix and during that time found out the city will be tearing up that side of the yard. It would be in the easement that is pretty much in the neighbours yard. But chances are the retaining wall and fence may be destroyed.

So as I researched more on Tom's night boxes I saw a post where he mentions how it would be more efficient to heat one double night box vs two 4x8 boxes. So I was thinking maybe just do that and split their yards too. Would it be bad to have the two sharing the box, OP is a sulcata and Bumble is a leopard tortoise? Bummble won't be ready for outside full time just yet. I just like being prepared. Then I was thinking to make their outdoor space a little bigger come winter was plop down a 4x8 green house right up to their night boxes to add some more warm space if they don't want to venture far.

I'm hoping to get started this weekend, since it has been so nice and we may even hit the 80s next week. I can get the tortes out in their temp spaces I set up last year.
How big is your yard?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

All of that sounds okay to me.