10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
FL
hahaha Edna, that video is hilarious :)

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Our local tattoo artist is also a baseball coach. He has coached my son and is a good guy and a great dad. I trust him around my son and have never heard him use a four letter word or smelled alcohol on him. Yet some people don't want him coaching their kids because of his tatts and piercings. I have heard awful language and smelled alcohol on many very conservative looking people at the baseball field. Youth sports really teaches you not to judge a book by the cover.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
The youth pastor at my church has a few visible tattoos, including one around his elbow. My mom definitely judged him for it before she knew him...very sad.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Be sure to post pictures :D What are you getting, and where??

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
What is your big tattoo? Do you have an artist that charges by the hour? I only have one tatt and have only been to one artist, the baseball coach. So I don't know how the biz is ran. I would feel like a trader if I went somewhere else. My niece has a fabulous artist, but I won't go to him because I would be affraid of hurting Adams feelings. Also in a small town you have to support the people running buisnesses here.

SavannanSpike

5 Year Member
Trenton ohio
I have a few... I love them! :) Im am addicted to them really. I have my flowers that I have always loved these flowers and My granny helped me pick them out. some are my favorite and the others are hers. I have her(my granny) on my forearm as well. Its picture of her when she was about 18 years old when she first meet my grandpa. Im getting him right next to her this week! totally stoked about it! I had been planning on getting them both for about a year or so and I was finishing up the top of my arm and Just when I was about to start on them, my grandpa passed away ( last June) So I put a hold off on it. Then in Dec I figured I would go head with it. I was a little upset that he wouldn't be able to see it! :/ So i got my granny first and she then passed away about a month later.. So I'm sure glad that she got to see it. She was so happy and in shock that i really did it! :) I cant wait for it to be done!

hjjhb.jpg

kjb.jpg

moraima_jay

5 Year Member
Noel, MO
ChiKat said:
Does anyone have any tattoos? I would love to see pictures! (and hear stories behind them!)

I am hopefully going to get my first one within the next few weeks. I need to contact a tattoo artist in Chicago first to ask her to design it!

well i have started to add my love of turtles on my body...lol
hope this helps you decide what and where you want yours

moraima

Attachments

• back.jpg
    back.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 46
  • l.jpg
    l.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC01481.JPG
    DSC01481.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 39
  • leg.jpg
    leg.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 36

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Moraima, I just LOVE that one on your back, OK lets say I love them all, but that face on shot is so totally new and neat!!! Thanks for sharing!
Nay

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
SavannanSpike- beautiful tats! You'll have to post a picture when you get your Grandpa added. How sweet.
Moraima- LOVE all the turtles! Where are they located?

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
Been getting inky lately, and have another appt on the 13th, thought this thread could use a new pic ;)
newtattoo080.jpg

All that linework is new---I get my filling in done on the 13th, and maybe alittle something extra! :p My artist and I are starting to get on the same level pricing wise haha

moraima_jay

5 Year Member
Noel, MO
ChiKat said:
SavannanSpike- beautiful tats! You'll have to post a picture when you get your Grandpa added. How sweet.
Moraima- LOVE all the turtles! Where are they located?

well the one on my back is obvious,..have a pair of cuffs on my wrists..one tribal on the outer side of my rt calve and the sea turt on the inner part of my rt ankle..working on another sea turt on my lower back....going for an underwater theme...

designed them on my own except the one on the ankle

gummybearpoop

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Pretty cool tattoos.

I got tired of getting tattoos. Just running out of space. After getting so many hours of ink on my body....I am getting to the point of do I want to sit for more hours? haha

Even getting them for free or really cheap hasn't enticed me the past few years much. (My friends' own a shop and they are like family).

Really cool ideas all around on this forum though.

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Meg90 said:
Been getting inky lately, and have another appt on the 13th, thought this thread could use a new pic ;)
newtattoo080.jpg

All that linework is new---I get my filling in done on the 13th, and maybe alittle something extra! :p My artist and I are starting to get on the same level pricing wise haha

What kind of writing is on your shoulder?

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
Its the inscription from the One ring in Lord of the Rings by Tolkien.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Ugh Meg STOP with these pictures, I'm getting so jealous that I can't get more tattoos ;) Space is very limited when you want to be a kindergarten teacher :(

In all seriousness, they look great!!!

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
You want to be a Kindergarten teacher. 2 things.
1. Most of you will be covered at all times. It's just the ways most teachers dress most of the time.
2. Maybe if your tats were academic in nature it would be OK for them to show? Life cycle of a butterfly, abcs, color words.... Hey, it could work!?

In all fairness, though, tats have been OK in the two schools where I have worked. Teachers that I have encountered have them on shoulders, upper arms, calves, ankles, necks, and probably lots of places unseen.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Oo I could get the alphabet down my arm- that's educational! ;)
I just got my first tattoo last week so I'm content for a while :) If I were to get another I would want a wrist tattoo. Love those.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
WHY was Chikat banned??

Status
Not open for further replies.