Taking my sulcata to the vet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vam1423

5 Year Member
I recently acquired a sulcata tortoise and am taking it to the vet on Wednesday. I live in buffalo where it snows all the time. How do I transport the little guy and how long can he be away from his heating lamps?

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
CT
If you are going to a vet that deals with exotics he may have a light and or CHE. Just transport in a covered container and make sure the car is heated. I would slso put paper towels down on the bottom of the container becsuse car rides make all of my torts poop. How big is your sulcata?

looneybug

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
el cajon ca usa
Use a nice solidbox or container and put a warm towel in the bottom and find a lid that will hold in the heat. . . I put a warm towel on the top as a lid then run to your car and turn the heater on :) as long as u keep him watm from your door to the car and the car to the vet you'll be fine. . . As long as the tort is kept at his night temps he should be fine
I like to keep the container on my lap so it keep it warm from by body heat

vam1423

5 Year Member
He is only 4oz still just a little guy. I am going to a vet that specializes in exotic animals. Thanks for the advice I will do those things.

Status
Not open for further replies.