T- Albino Mississippi Map

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerards

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
I got 2.2 of these this year and had to sell all of them. I was very bummed out about this and thought I had made a big mistake. I did it to get something really amazing but have been thinking about them all along. This male ended up going to my best friend in Miami and ended up getting traded to another good friend in PA. I just received him back on breeding loan and really regret getting rid of him. This is such a cool turtle, I'm lucky to have another shot at making some. These are one of the prettiest turtles in person, thanks for looking!
c831a8f1fabfd164865f5331a6eff13f.jpg

9533f4b6d8d7b00c6340fe3f4965d2b0.jpg

ec6b4de02e9ef170129d2c6764ee79ad.jpg

theTurtleRoom

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lititz, PA
Anthony P said:
Absolutely gorgeous. I love this turtle.

Definitely. And classic mississippi eyes. Sweet turtle.

theTurtleRoom

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lititz, PA
Anthony P said:
theTurtleRoom said:
Anthony P said:

True! It's weird to see the pupils being red rather than black. So cool..

Only way it could be more awesome is if the orbital cescent was not broken...but hey, its broken in quite a few specimens, so not unusual in the least.

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
theTurtleRoom said:
Anthony P said:
theTurtleRoom said:
Anthony P said:

True! It's weird to see the pupils being red rather than black. So cool..

Only way it could be more awesome is if the orbital cescent was not broken...but hey, its broken in quite a few specimens, so not unusual in the least.

Nerd talk :cool:

lori12386

5 Year Member
Central Florida
So cute. What causes the algea growth on the shell? My little Map keeps turning green! I gave him a bath the other day... Lol. Not with soap of course! But he is the only one that turns green!

theTurtleRoom

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lititz, PA
lori12386 said:
So cute. What causes the algea growth on the shell? My little Map keeps turning green! I gave him a bath the other day... Lol. Not with soap of course! But he is the only one that turns green!

Algae growth on the shell has a number of factors: maps enjoy walking around the bottom of their habitat; they also are used to habitats with faster currents than most captive habitats (maps are riverine turtles, not pond turtles); map shells are not as smooth at young ages, as painteds, sliders, and cooters are which provides better surfaces for that type of algae; they also shed less frequently than the aforementioned species, so there is more time for algae to decide to grow on the shell before those scutes have shed.

Status
Not open for further replies.