swolen vent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camirdra

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
WA
Snapped a pic of Yogurts underside because her vent looks puffy to me. And surprisingly clean?? Does it look swollen? I'm not familiar with sulcata bums...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yes, it does look SLIGHTLY swollen. Try some warm soaks.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
I have tried for many years to correlate any type of swelling to pre-egg laying and have never been successful! Soakings is a great idea, it could be from successful breeding. The fact that you noticed a change is great and very observant.

Camirdra

5 Year Member
WA
I was out of town today but will do a soak in the morning. Just when I think I have them figured out they show me I'm wrong lol! I have been giving them soaks every week since i got them. She's still guarding her cave and gets a bit nippy and even tried to ram me when I took her out of it to put her inside for the night. Its been hitting the mid 40°F at night so I bring them in and take them out when it hits 70°. It was strange to me that it was a bit puffy but also that it looked really clean. She's still pooping and eating. They may have mated. Though I don't feel the need to bring any more sulcats into the world I'm pretty sure having "the talk" with them wont stop them lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.