Supplementation for 3 month old hatchling

edricivan

Hi all!

I've read Tom's care sheet regarding supplementation, just have a few more questions.

Calcium:
I currently have Zoo Med Repti Calcium w/ D3, is this given 3 times a week?

Minerals:
I tried looking for the recommended MinerAl brand but I can't seem to find it.

Vitamins:
Which would be the best brand to get?

Cheers

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I only put a small 'pinch' of supplement, either miner-all or calcium, over the food twice a week. Occasionally I'll add a few drops of liquid bird vitamins to the soaking water. Any brand will do.

edricivan

I only put a small 'pinch' of supplement, either miner-all or calcium, over the food twice a week. Occasionally I'll add a few drops of liquid bird vitamins to the soaking water. Any brand will do.

Couldn't find miner-All. Are these ok?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
You don't "need" MinerAll if you have a good diet and supplement the others correctly.

I like a tiny pinch of calcium twice a week, and a tiny pinch of vitamin once a week.

You'll most likely have to order MinerAll on-line if you want it.
http://www.stickytonguefarms.com

edricivan

You don't "need" MinerAll if you have a good diet and supplement the others correctly.

I like a tiny pinch of calcium twice a week, and a tiny pinch of vitamin once a week.

You'll most likely have to order MinerAll on-line if you want it.
http://www.stickytonguefarms.com

Yeap! I read your care sheet and went out to buy repti-cal. Do you have a reptile vitamin brand of choice? I got a friend going to the US this week I'll just ask her to get that and minerAll for me.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I've used different vitamins over the years and seen no difference, so I really have no preference. I like the ZooMed Repti-Vite one and I've used a Repashy vitamin supplement too. I don't think this is a critical part of tortoise care as long as diet and hydration are good. I just do these things as a little extra insurance.

edricivan

I've used different vitamins over the years and seen no difference, so I really have no preference. I like the ZooMed Repti-Vite one and I've used a Repashy vitamin supplement too. I don't think this is a critical part of tortoise care as long as diet and hydration are good. I just do these things as a little extra insurance.

Is this ok for both mineral and vitamin supplementation?

Screen Shot 2015-10-23 at 10.03.18 PM.png