Sulcatas

NanahBelle

I'm looking for a few sulcatas. My Bass is in need of some friends (I fear she believes she is a person and not a tortoise lol). Bass is about 8 but I don't really care if they are much older or younger than her as long as they aren't agressive. I would prefer them not to be hatchlings but if there are some in need of a good home I am more than willing! If you have any or any information please let me know.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Sulcatas are happiest all alone as the sole king or queen of their castle. They do not want or need other sulcatas and they do not see them as "friends". They see them as competitors and combatants to be driven out of their territory. They can get along in groups sometimes, but be ready for lots of fighting and separations. You might end up maintain some or all of them alone in separate enclosures in the long run anyway. Females can be just as bad as the males too, just FYI.

Its awesome that you want more. That is something I understand completely! I just want to make sure you understand what you are getting into. Also remember that you will need a lengthy quarantine period before any introductions can occur. My tortoise vet recommends at least 12 months.