Sulcatas in a 10G?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurusumaji

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
The Mile High City
I'd be willing to bet it isn't.

Are they pyramiding? The little one on the right looks it's starting to pyramid quite a bit already.

Instinct

5 Year Member
Upstate New York
Oh, I doubt it.

Looks like they are starting to pyramid to me too. Hopefully someone with some knowledge about sulcatas, or just tortoises in general, will pick them up.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I sent a message to this person directing the new owners to this forum for proper care. I did mention that these torts need a really large enclosure, much bigger than 10 gal. I hope he passes on the info.

Minority1

5 Year Member
Everything from the ad's post sounds like the owner purchased it in a petstore and the employees gave them one of those non-specific care sheets. Would explain the slight pyramiding as well.

It's still a bargain for 125. If i was in the neighborhood I wouldn't mind asking a few questions.

pinkspore

5 Year Member
Santa Barbara, CA
I'm in the area but don't have the money or space right now. If someone wants them I'd be happy to pick them up and help figure out how to get them to you.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Yeah. The 15 gallon was way too expensive, so now they are just gonna kick the pets to the curb.

These tortoises will be much better off with someone else.

Minority1

5 Year Member
Tom said:
Yeah. The 15 gallon was way too expensive, so now they are just gonna kick the pets to the curb.

These tortoises will be much better off with someone else.

Agreed. All these impatient owners running out to buy bare necessities for their pets and cringe right after when they start realizing how expensive it can really be when you're not prepared.

Waste of money to start small, should always plan ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.