Sulcata tortoise temp questions! Plz help lol

Tskufner24!

Location (City and/or State)
Scottsdale, AZ

Tskufner24!

Scottsdale, AZ
This is the enclosure I have:
BIRASIL Wood Tortoise House, Indoor Turtle Habitat Reptile Cage, Tortoises Enclosure for Small Animals Lizards Hamster https://a.co/d/iOwfKjx
I have 5, year old Sulcata tortoises. Im going to get a

REPTI ZOO T5 HO UVB Lighting Combo Kit, Terrarium Hood Comes with Desert 10.0 UVB T5 Lamp (24W)​

And a CHE heat emitter.
What watt should I get for the CHE?
And lastly what temp/humidity should the enclosure be at?
For the CHE would this one work?
OIIBO Reptile Light Kit, Mini Deep Dome Lamp Fixture & 25W Heat Emitter, Optical Reflection Cap Cover of 4” Bottom Bundle with Heat L... https://a.co/d/ip0NdO8

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Your links are not working. Is this a hatchling you have or older?
If hatchling, they need a closed chamber with high humidity, 80%. Temps never below 80-85 day and night and basking area that reaches 95-100 at tortoise height.

zovick

10 Year Member!
If hatchling, they need a closed chamber with high humidity, 80%. Temps never below 80-85 day and night and basking area that reaches 95-100 at tortoise height.
He has five (5) yearling sulcatas.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
5 yearlings will not fit in the poorly made and shouldn't be sold for tortoise box you listed if it's the same as the ones that everyone gets stuck buying just to find out they are worthless. Not only is it not big enough for five, it's not really big enough for one. If anything like the pics, it's no good. Screenshot_20230730-122155.png

Tskufner24!

Scottsdale, AZ
Do you know what would be a good temp/humidity gauge I could buy to check in the enclosure?

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Do you know what would be a good temp/humidity gauge I could buy to check in the enclosure?
I use wireless indoor - outdoor thermometers. You can get the temp from 2 areas with one setup. Place the sending unit on one end and set the receiver where you can read the temps and humidity. The receiver gives gives you what would normally be your inside temperature but doing this will give you the temps of a different spot in the enclosure.

Tskufner24!

Scottsdale, AZ
Thank you Tom, and everyone helping me. I went from 30 baby Sulcatas to giving 25 away to an amazing lady and I just want the best for the 5 I have now. I’m so happy to have found knowledgable ppl to help me! I appreciate your time to respond to my questions!

Reactions: Tom