Sulcata Size

dave'ssulcata

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Atlanta
I have a 14 month old Sulcata that is 12 cm front to back and weighs 227 grams. I know Sulcatas vary in size and weight but is Noah in the ballpark for his age?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
On the small side, but not terrible. I'd be more worried about good health than size. How are you housing him? Simulating the dry season of the African rainy season? What are you feeding him?

Hello and welcome to the forum.

dave'ssulcata

5 Year Member
Atlanta
Tom said:
On the small side, but not terrible. I'd be more worried about good health than size. How are you housing him? Simulating the dry season of the African rainy season? What are you feeding him?

Hello and welcome to the forum.

he seems healthy and likes to roam the house. I feed him an organic grass mix with dandelion and other weeds along with cactus palms. he is moving into a 3' x5' enclosure with full spectrum lighting and heat. I may have underfed him as I was worried about causing pyramiding which I don't fully understand how to diagnose. I am not sure about rainy/dry season simulation. the temp in his enclosure is about 80-85 F with a water dish. I soak him 3-4 times a week. should I be increasing the humidity?