sulcata problems

erica anne

5 Year Member
erica anne said:
If I read this right you are using a coil type bulb which can be harmful to tortoises and can be related to eye problems. I would consider switching to either a tube uvb bulb or MVB...it is a step by step process to get all of this down right! :D

Clearly I did not read your post very well. Sorry! [FLUSHED FACE]

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
Re: RE: sulcata problems

BrinnANDTorts said:
Tom's care guide is amazing, and so is his advice. My only add on is that the cage looks way too dry, make sure you get the temps up to much warmer before you increase humidity though. Cold and wet are NOT a good combo. HEAT AND HUMIDITY are what a sulcata thrives in, once the temps are up take a pitcher of hot water and dump it into the cage and mix it all in the substrate till its good and moist and steamy in the cage. The tin foil advice is also very good! Your baby needs a humid hide too, something plastic that you can put moss or something that holds moisture real well inside and put it close to the Basking spot so it's really steamy inside.
Every time I walked by my Tortoise cages I always spray the whole cage down, Tortoise and all, with warm water. Get the cage nice and steamy for your baby :) Tom's care sheet as more detailed advice about the humidity and temps

I see your humid hide now I think, sorry