Sulcata does not eat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akahao

5 Year Member
I found that my lil sulcata does not eat when i put vege to him...He tried to ram on the vege only...However, he does poop normally...solid poop....Is there any problem? firstly i think is his lower jaw problem, but i do see him try to ram on the vege. heres some photo if any of the forumer can offer help. By the way, he "shed" quite alot..his skin was drop off by itself when i soak him today...alittle small chuck. And...i noticed that his nostril...there is only one? another one i cant find it....not sure is my own eye sight problems or what....Please enlight me if any. help will be much appreciated. Thank you in advance :tort:

Attachments

• 2012-10-28 20.12.38.jpg
    2012-10-28 20.12.38.jpg
    616.8 KB · Views: 86
  • 2012-10-28 20.12.59.jpg
    2012-10-28 20.12.59.jpg
    533.5 KB · Views: 87

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Hi, what are you trying to feed him? Are you cutting the pieces small enough for him to easily consume the pieces? When you say vege, what does that mean--like vegetables or leafy greens? :D

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
First let me say, broad leafy greens, for diet and any grazing outside that is possible. Check out thetortoisetable.org for edible items. Second, if you haven't, take a good read through the threads below. They are great for raising a smooth sulcata. Like already said, the food should be chopped very small. Also, it kinda looks like there is another nostril, it is kinds white looking, like maybe he has something in it.

Lancecham

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Chop up the food in small pieces. SOmetimes they just got to figure out what was placed in front of them It may be a food he hasn't had before.

akahao

5 Year Member
i already chop them in small piece..perhaps i should chop the food smaller..Thanks for the advices. i shall read more on the thread.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
The pieces in the pic look too big for your lil guy. It needs to be tiny so that they can eat and digest it. Btw, is that cut up carrots? I would try soft, leafy greens first. Then, later I'd introduce tiny pieces of squash or pumpkin. If your lil guy is still having trouble, cook the squash or pumpkin in boiling water until soft. When cool, try giving it to your baby. Please read all the threads given above. I wish I had this forum when my lil guys were that small. Make the most of it...you're doing a great job.

akahao

5 Year Member
sibi said:
The pieces in the pic look too big for your lil guy. It needs to be tiny so that they can eat and digest it. Btw, is that cut up carrots? I would try soft, leafy greens first. Then, later I'd introduce tiny pieces of squash or pumpkin. If your lil guy is still having trouble, cook the squash or pumpkin in boiling water until soft. When cool, try giving it to your baby. Please read all the threads given above. I wish I had this forum when my lil guys were that small. Make the most of it...you're doing a great job.

Thank you very much.. i already replaced the vege and chopped the vege alot more smaller...now waiting for it to discover and eat.. :D

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Hello. Do you soak your sulcata? Looks to me that it is just blocked with food or something. Try soaking. Try feeding spring mix. Also there are threads below my signature too. I recommend you read them. There is very good information in them. I refer to them at times, I also have a sulcata.

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Lynnwood, WA
Some sulcatas can be really picky when they're small.. you should try a diff variety of greens.. spring mix is a good choice!

akahao

5 Year Member
mainey34 said:
Hello. Do you soak your sulcata? Looks to me that it is just blocked with food or something. Try soaking. Try feeding spring mix. Also there are threads below my signature too. I recommend you read them. There is very good information in them. I refer to them at times, I also have a sulcata.

Thanks for your suggestion..i have been soaked him everyday since i got him but the nostril there still like being blocked..i will try to do spring mix and let it eat :D

lushcious said:
Some sulcatas can be really picky when they're small.. you should try a diff variety of greens.. spring mix is a good choice!

i do read about the thread...and now i will try to find those vege in market...as i live in Malaysia, some vege is hard to get..but some is easy :D

Status
Not open for further replies.